Can China invade Taiwan successfully?

Show me the official page(s) that contains it.

US public opinions donā€™t like China and thatā€™s Chinaā€™s own doing. A lot of you fellow Forumosa members here like to attribute things to Taiwan but things are not caused by Taiwan actually. And frankly,

US public opinions donā€™t have to care or know about Taiwan (or Korea, or any place similar) in order to cause US to militarily operate in such place. All it takes is China sufficiently antagonizes US general public. Chinaā€™s own doing is enough to cause resentment.

I donā€™t see it. Could you show us 3 exampkes from 3 users in the past 3 weeks?

Agreed, the government has the power to do so

Did the average US citizen care about Kuwait before Iraq invaded it? Absolutely not. Whether US generally public cares about the victim country is irrelevant in reality and in history.

What matters is, if you are a country that plans to invade another country, you better make sure in doing so you do not cause US public to hate you, especially if you are already making yourself resented even before you launch an attack.

3 Likes

Considering this thread started back in 2018, I feel like it should get a new thread every year like the typhoon and earth quake threads. Itā€™s pretty much a dud for 4 years and going.

They practically said they didnā€™t care, I went looking for a quote but couldnā€™t find the one i wanted. This is good enough and eerily relevant

Spotted this on Reddit:

1 Like

like this today?
she becoming another FLG nutter?

https://twitter.com/jenniferatntd/status/1573466050200469531?s=20&t=KmVLPg0Q1O4vyQy-X7PuOA

This is such an unsourced bullshit rumor. This definitely would have blown up in the news by now if there was any truth to it.

2 Likes

exactly. sheā€™s becoming a nut-case. Yes, FLGers get harassed by ChiComms, but by and large, FLGers are ā€œout thereā€

ā€œIā€™m being prosecuted by my government because of my religion, Fa Lun Gongā€ = common tactic for not FLG Chinese people trying to gain easy US citizenship.

But also, Q-Annon supporters love FLG, so yeah, theyā€™re generally ā€œout thereā€.

I seen Chinese nationals do this.

They would have groups who pays them airfare, etc. to go to Mexico, then jump the border. When caught they were fed a line to tell ICE that they were Falung Gong/Christian/Gay and being persecuted by CCP. I shit you not. Met a bunch of them in immigration.

Itā€™s all bullshit of course, and they still swear their undying loyalty to the CCP, etc.

Some of them have decent lives in China too.

Unfortunately, the chance of getting asylum is kinda a roll of the dice. The US also grants very little asylum and keeps them in immigration jail meanwhile. EU is better if you want to claim asylum.

1 Like

Jennifer Zeng is a FLG nutter. She has been a source for total misinformation for decades.

I read her autobiography about 15 years ago and you could tell she was lying in that as well, as some parts didnā€™t make sense

2 Likes

Actually Iā€™m pretty sure ICE or whatever immigration judge knows that most asylum story is fake, but if they keep denying most cases they canā€™t propagate the narrative that China is badā€¦

ICE is the police who arrest people for looking like they might be in the country illegally or convincing them to bring drugs across the boarder so they can be more necessary than they currently arenā€™t. They donā€™t care about the China narrative.

Immigration courts also donā€™t care about the China narrative. They have to listen to stories and determine their legitimacy. But if you talk to pretty much any naturalized US citizens from China for more than a few minutes, its hard to think there is anything but intense training going on in that country on how to spread Chinese misinformation confidently and also how to perfectly construct your tale of woe, hitting all the necessary key points. I would not be surprised if they are special schools in China run by former US immigration judges (themselves ex-Chinese citizens), helping to train Chinese people in how to game the system.

Judges arenā€™t stupid, but if theyā€™re talking to someone who has been trained intensively on how to tell their lie by someone with their own experience in picking apart immigration cases, theyā€™re going to have a difficult time figuring out whoā€™s actually FLG and being discriminated against and whoā€™s just a fucking commie with a shit load of family wealth and virtually limitless freedom but wants to be an American citizen for funzies.

And do they even want to?

1 Like

so, when will drones be the first to get shot at (if courage is there)?

Any Chinese incursion into Taiwanā€™s airspace would be considered a ā€œfirst strike,ā€ Minister of National Defense Chiu Kuo-cheng (é‚±åœ‹ę­£) said yesterday.

Chiu made the remarks at a meeting of the legislatureā€™s Foreign Affairs and National Defense Committee in Taipei.

Asked whether Chiu agreed with the international mediaā€™s portrayal of the Chinese exercises as a semi-blockade of Taiwan, Chiu said that the drills were preparations for war, while a blockade is simply a phase of a war.

If the CCP persists with similar actions, they could be considered a blockade, Chiu said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2022/10/18/china-seize-taiwan-plan-blinken/

1 Like