Can China invade Taiwan successfully?

Oh for sure. Ukraine was corrupt before and it’ll end up corrupt after it’s all said and done. Imo of course.

I strongly suggest that Forumosan’s be prepared and to have their affairs in order. There’s going to be some challenges ahead of us.

Those that can should leave now then. I’m not leaving even if war comes.

How will you defend yourself against the Communists though? White aliens will probably be put in camps. Think about the reeducation camps the Uyghurs went to. It will probably be something like that.

Garlic.

Camping can be fun.

There’s no such thing as “reeducation camps”; the Chinese government has assured everyone, I believe them.

2 Likes

I always assumed that they’d just deport me.

1 Like

Nope they will give you citizenship and make you assimilate.

The scariest part of this is now that English schools are illegal, I’d end up working a minimum wage job.

Reply to original op: no. Not within one year from now. However, a year ago I would have said an attack within 10 years unlikley. Now I think an attack within 10 years LIKELY. Implications? Complicated. Food and gas prices will go through the roof–that’s the immediate problem. Plus you won’t be able to get out, not easily anyway. There is a ton of context you could dicuss, but I decline to go into all that. Suffice to say, within a year from now unlikely, within 10 years likely. That’s my view (and I pay close attention to everything).

I’d say to watch out for a summer without drought, floods and/or huge livestock culls. The autumn following that, we’d have to worry.

1 Like

I don’t understand the connection here.

Extra food, extra money. Not being dependent on imports to satisfy the citizenry, let alone an army on the move.

I work as a the company janitor. There’s hope for me yet to step up the career ladder.

Imagine if you stopped all imports to the EU USA Canada Australia China etc

Can’t eat cellphones and doodads.

Sure. There are a ton of factors involved here. What you mention is a detail. It’s one factor. My feeling is that China wouldn’t make a move unless they feel they have an overwhelming chance of success (e.g. Tibet), or some miraculous opportunity arises. In the meanwhile, it’s psyops as usual, and a steady military build up.

3 Likes

That’s why I thought it must be food security they want to take care of. They’ve been hording gold, oil and iron ore over the last few years. What are they waiting for?

Their military still isn’t ready

4 Likes

Gold can be used for bargaining.

Oil used to fuel war machines

Iron for manufacturing.

They’re not bad things to hoard and they don’t really have shelf life, so can be stored for a long time.

I just heard the latest news…OMG!!!

Taiwan government’s manoeuvre is in the direction of independence!

Pooh bear will explode!

Extreme political storms from now to next January!

Better fasten your seatbelt! Or catch a flight off the island!