Can I apply for tourist visa extension?

Hello, my situation is as follows, I’m from Spain. at the moment I am in Taiwan looking for a job with a tourist visa and I will have to leave the country in mid-August, after all the extensions. the case is that now I am renting an apartment, the lease is in my name, my question is: can I request an extension because of that it proves that I am residing here?

Thank you

You can only get an extension if your visa is extendible and the NIA approves the extension. Whether you rent a place or not is irrelevant to them.

The fact you rented a place doesn’t make you residential at all. Lol

1 Like

You got up to 180 days with all the possible extensions. After that you will have to leave and hope they open the borders quickly. They might already have done by august, who knows. Not sure why you think renting an apartment makes any difference. Do you have a year contract?

Yes, my contract finish on January 2021

ok you better figure out how you can pay your landlord from outside taiwan. bills too. unless you want to break the contract early.

The reason I’m asking is because I saw this

It says that

Those who entered Taiwan on a foreign passport but have legal residency in the country

Can apply for extension

Yea that’s not legal residency.

poor translation

持外國護照入國之兼具居住臺灣地區設有戶籍國民身分者

ROC citizen who entered on a foreign passport

4 posts were split to a new topic: Welcome to the Internet

I think you may have confused the term residence (ie a place where one resides eg apartment or house) with the terms resident/residency, or maybe you think that having a residence/residing in Taiwan equates to having residency in Tawain. It does not. You have rented a residence in Taiwan, but this does not mean you have legal residency in Tawain. You have a tourist visa. Thus, “Those who entered Taiwan on a foreign passport but have legal residency in the country” does not apply to you.

Thanks for the answers
I haven’t rented the apartment as a tourist. I have been renting the same apartment for 3 years, I have been residing and working here legally. A few months ago I quit my job to get a better one but it is not being easy for me due to the situation. So I’m just exploring my options until I find a job. I don’t understand the need to say that I do stupid things without knowing my situation, that only shows rudeness and hatred.

On the other hand, thanks to all of you who have answered me appropriately, it was very helpful

1 Like

How can you be here on a tourist visa if you apparently lived here already for 3 years ?

Got your ARC revoked, left TW and came back as a “tourist” ?
Are you even NHI insured ?

Anyway, bottom line is, what people here already told you. Good luck !

With a tourist visa?

No no

I had my ARC and my NHI but then I quit my job, after that my ARC extension ran out and just before it was finished I left the country a week to return as a tourist, this was in February, I’ve been a tourist since February

Ah, ok :slight_smile: – not being critical, I just couldn’t figure out what I was reading.

So, you were merely two years away from being able to apply for an APRC and you screwed it over by quitting your job? Holy hell! All you had to do was stick with it for another two years and you could have applied for an APRC and not be in this situation!

Now. You’ve got to start your five years all over again! What in the world were you thinking?

Best of luck,

You’re so right, I just had a bad time in the job and I sent everything to hell, now I regret it, but can’t change, I have to face the situation

3 Likes