Can I ask the police to kick out a roommate that I originally allowed to live in there?

Mr. yyy, you look different. Did you get a haircut?

Join us in the Regulars’ Lounge for more about that. :slight_smile:

Well I just told my gf to kick her out a put her stuff downstairs. There’s security and cameras in the lobby in case she causes trouble. The annoying girl is too proud to even say sorry so fuck that. She’s like fine I’ll just stay at my bfs (he’s not even her bf, they broke up but I’m guessing he’s like I might as well get some before she leaves)

What an awful experience.

Don’t forget to make amends with your GF, even if her friend deserved it. Take her out etc.

How did this go?

Keep in mind even if she doesn’t pay rent she is still your tenant as she lives there, and you need to follow proper rules for eviction. Evicting someone is a pretty serious deal, you need to do it properly. Very, very rarely is simply moving her stuff to the curb or the lobby the right thing to do and doing such can get you into legal trouble if she knows what she’s doing.

Are you sure?

1 Like

Nah. She can take me out

2 Likes

Pretty sure my lawyers are better than any that she can afford. I’d be happy to drag her to court and drain her money and time if she chooses this route.

1 Like

Yes, that’s certainly one outcome. Or, she might win on a technicality. Generally, the path to a proper legal eviction is notice, notice, notice. If you have plenty of documentation of that then you are likely in the clear.

I’m not evicting her. She isn’t my tenant. She’s a guest. Any texts saying she can stay would be from my gf who isn’t even the owner of my house.

She’s a (ungrateful) “friend” who crashed on his couch for a week or so. Kick her to the curb!

2 Likes

Spoken like the Prince of Persuasia! :wink:

I honestly didn’t spend too much time with her. I’m at work and don’t come back until pretty late at night. So that’s why I originally didn’t care so much, and plus i wanted my gf to have an Italian friend even though I didn’t have a very good impression of her. But my thought was how bad could it be. I’m sure she and my gf can go out shopping and get afternoon tea to keep my gf busy and happy. Plus I have a spare rooms anyways so it’s not a big deal and I’m not going to within a couple of feet of each other at all times in a small studio apartment.

Idk how anyone is like this. Never once did I receive a thank you, she acted like it was so matter of fact this is happening. Like normal people just would let someone stay at their house for a month and eat my food and ask the host to throw her a birthday party. Wtf is wrong with this girl?

Her upbringing. I blame the parents.

1 Like

Well, no, it’s more complicated than that (feel free to find something like this for Taiwan, I don’t have time at work to navigate through the Land Act and the Housing Act):

Also consider this: Don't Get Pashanin'd! How To Spot & Avoid Airbnb Squatter

Each jurisdiction does it differently, but guests become tenants in the eyes of the law based upon the length of stay. Monies paid is certainly a factor, but so is time on the property (she’s been there for over a month, right?) And when someone is considered a tenant there are different sets of rules to be followed. I know it doesn’t seem right, and it must be super annoying, BUT all I’m saying is that there are more complicated rules to be followed and sometimes it’s shitty. That’s why being a landlord is not an easy job!

I’m guessing at some level. But you’d think by 24 a person would develop some basic sense of manners.

She’s probably been given free rein for 24 years and was always allowed to act this way, so she sees it as normal and has never been given a reason to act otherwise. Just my guess.

Idk, she’s also pretty attractive so I’m guessing she hasn’t had many men tell her no and fuck off like I did.

“No” is one of the most powerful, and useful, words in the English language.

2 Likes

7 posts were split to a new topic: An :nsfw: English lesson :roll: