Can I choose an English name by myself

There we go! Seneca. :slight_smile:

Yeah, that’s a great name…if you’re a bottle of apple juice.

Or an institution of higher learning… that’s currently in the news because of… um… :hushed:

Give it a few years, and it may come back into style. (Even George survived eight years of W!)

Now we’ll have to see if Donald can survive decades of Donald Duck. :wink:

I think Mickey’s already a lost cause…

www.choosemyenglishname.com is the mainland Chinese site (it also works well for Zhuyin-illiterate foreigners too :wink:

Hmm, its strange you only got 2 suggestions. Should always be 3. Would you mind trying it again? If it only gives you 2 options again, I would be keen to know what options you chose to fix the issue.

Uh oh! The site domain name for your .com site doesn’t match the site name on the certificate… :doh:

I tried the .tw site again and got three names this time, all different from the previous two. I’m not sure if I selected all the same options. :idunno:

Is there no Mick Jr.? @Mick fortune :smile:

You can try www.choosemyenglishname.com again if you want, I was making some changes, so the site was down for a while.

An anecdote that perhaps fits this thread:

I arrived in Okinawa yesterday and immediately went to a shop to rent a scooter. This was my first time renting a scooter in Japan because it’s the first time I’ve had the official Japanese translation of my Taiwanese scooter license. Anyway…

The shop needed my passport along with my license and translation. The problem was, my license only has my Chinese name (the DMV in Taoyuan decided that; I was never given an option) and my passport only has my English name. Fortunately, my APRC has both names, so the shop was able to verify.

Before moving to Taiwan I’d never even consider a situation like this.

1 Like