Can I overstay for 10 days?

You also now cannot just get a new passport because you don’t like whats in your old one.

Many countries will now refuse to issue new passports to habitual losers of passports.

Alright, alright, I am convinced. I will NOT overstay. :bow:

I just talked with my travel agency, an earlier flight back to Germany is not available. That only leaves one option, I travel to a country near Taiwan for a few days and come back here. If I do that, I should get the 1 month visitor visa, right?

Its just, that the cheapest flight I found to Macau, HK and Manila are all around 6000 NT + 2000 taxes.

Somebody wrote that I can get a ticket to Manila for 4000-5000. Is is that with or without taxes? And where? I was looking at eztravel and settour. Is there anything cheaper out there? I don’t care where I go, as long as it is cheap. :neutral:

I am really happy I asked you guys for help so. I just did it to make sure, because I had the impression, that overstaying is no big deal… :doh:

I highly suggest doing the HK visa run using a China Airlines flight. Right now, tickets are about 8,000NT-not much more than your overstay fee would be :wink: Going to other countries is ok if you want to stay longer, but in HK you can basically get right back on the plane you came in on. I checked the discount airlines today…Cebu Pacific and Air Asia don’t have much available right now.
See my post here about the one day visa run: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=89924&start=10
It’s not everything you need to know, but it will get you started.
It depends where you are from how many days you will get. I know for certain US citizens get 30 days on a visa free entry and UK citizens now get 90 (insert jealous icon here). Are you from Germany? If so, you should get 30 days no problem.

[quote=“fangshi”]Alright, alright, I am convinced. I will NOT overstay. :bow:

I just talked with my travel agency, an earlier flight back to Germany is not available. That only leaves one option, I travel to a country near Taiwan for a few days and come back here. If I do that, I should get the 1 month visitor visa, right?

Its just, that the cheapest flight I found to Macau, HK and Manila are all around 6000 NT + 2000 taxes.

Somebody wrote that I can get a ticket to Manila for 4000-5000. Is is that with or without taxes? And where? I was looking at eztravel and settour. Is there anything cheaper out there? I don’t care where I go, as long as it is cheap. :neutral:

I am really happy I asked you guys for help so. I just did it to make sure, because I had the impression, that overstaying is no big deal… :doh:[/quote]

[quote=“fangshi”]
Oh yes, one more thing, isn’t there some offical statement/regulation concerning overstays, that states the specific fines and consequences of an overstay in relation to the days one overstays, that I could acess online or somewhere in the city?[/quote]
There undoubtedly is, but Taiwan is not a place where officials follow the rules necessarily, or even know what the rules are.

I overstayed for one day once, and was able to pay the small fine at the airport. But I couldn’t come back in visa-free for a year. It wasn’t really a big deal, but I also advise you to avoid overstaying.

How about go to Ishigaki in Japan? Sounds like a fun place to visit?

viewtopic.php?f=55&t=84486&hilit=hualian+to+ishigaki&start=60

At least your forced departure from Taiwan can be put to good use?

Take the train from Taipei to and from Hualian (its cheap enough) and then the plane to and from Ishigaki.

Hualian hotels can be cheap too if you need to stay overnite to catch a flight.

Or fly Air Asia from Taipei to and from Kota Kinabalu for about 6500nt round trip??? That should be fun?

booking.airasia.com/Select.aspx

Select flights
FromTo
GuestInfant
Friday, 20 August 2010 - Taipei (TPE) to Kota Kinabalu (BKI)
Promo
Regular
AK 6319
0950 (TPE)
1310 (BKI)

Adult
3,581.00 TWD
Next day
Previous day
Fares shown EXCLUDE taxes
Return
No thanks, I’m flying one way only.
Saturday, 21 August 2010 - Kota Kinabalu (BKI) to Taipei (TPE)
Promo
Regular
AK 6318
0600 (BKI)
0920 (TPE)

Adult
2,928.00 TWD
Next day
Previous day
Fares shown EXCLUDE taxes

[quote=“bababa”][quote=“fangshi”]
Oh yes, one more thing, isn’t there some offical statement/regulation concerning overstays, that states the specific fines and consequences of an overstay in relation to the days one overstays, that I could acess online or somewhere in the city?[/quote]
There undoubtedly is, but Taiwan is not a place where officials follow the rules necessarily, or even know what the rules are.

I overstayed for one day once, and was able to pay the small fine at the airport. But I couldn’t come back in visa-free for a year. It wasn’t really a big deal, but I also advise you to avoid overstaying.[/quote]

I’ve overstayed the last decade, why settle for only 10 days :whistle: