Can I request ARC without a lease contract (Airbnb)?

Hi there,
I’m a uni student at NTUST. I’ve been in Taiwan (quarantine/self health management) for 3 weeks now. I have about 1 week left to ask for an ARC.

I’ve been told by the university and I saw on official websites that I need to provide a proof of address when I apply for ARC. I’m in the process of finding a place to rent but it is not done yet. So far I’m staying at the hotel. I was planning to get an Airbnb for couple months to have some time to properly look for an appartment (and not end up having to choose something by default or signing a contract that will not be beneficial for me). But now I’m afraid I won’t be able to file for ARC while staying at an Airbnb.

So I have 2 questions:

• Can I apply for ARC using an Airbnb booking reservation as a proof of address?
  • If not, is there any option for me?

PS: I don’t have any bill or phone bill with a Taiwanese address, so that won’t work as a proof of address.

Thank you all for your help

Can you not use the university’s address?

I’m not sure, since I don’t have a rental agreement with uni (unlike students who are in dorms) but I will ask uni anyway.

Because that’s what I did before. Just had the Uni’s address.

Oh, that’s seems like good news for me. So what documents did you provide during your ARC process under “proof of accomodation: house/appartment contract, household registration or other related documents” ?

Honestly, I don’t think I provided anything. But they may have become more strict after COVID, so I’m not sure.

Damn :frowning: When did you apply for your ARC (how long ago was that), if you don’t mind me asking.

Originally was about 3 years ago, but I renewed it every year without any documents up until the September just gone. When I changed unis for PhD I already had a place lined up with a contract so I didn’t have a problem.

Hey.
I’ve applied for ARC while staying at a hotel. I asked the hotel to fill a certificate of domiciliation (I think it is “住宿證明”.). It was basically a paper saying we were staying at the hotel with the dates of the reservation and their stamp.
And it worked. Just need to change the address as soon as You will get your flat.

2 Likes

Thanks, I’ll try that.

Just to update you and anyone who might have the same question, I did get through the ARC request process with a signed invoice from the Airbnb :slight_smile: Thank you all for your help.

2 Likes