Can I use an Acer aspire one with my tv?

Both our computers have died in the last two months and I want to get a cheap alternative to buying a nice laptop so I figured one of these netbooks might do the job for the time being.
So if I buy an acer aspire netbook with a screen res of 1024 x 600, will it run smoothly with my TV. I currently use a laptop with my tv via vga with no problems as my tv has vga input. But my TV res can only be set to 1024 x 768 or higher, is this a major problem? What can I do?

shouldn’t be an issue.

I use to run a yellow RCA cable to my old CRT TV (worked fine), then when I got an LCD I ran a VGA cable, now I run HDMI.

They all worked fine for me. Most of the shit that is downlaodable is low quality anyways.

So you reckon the resolution is not a big deal? Not sure what the card in the netbook actually supports

I’ve got my Acer Aspire One plugged into my TV via VGA. My Acer Aspire’s set to 800x600, just cos it means I can mirror the images easily. The TV’s fine with that.

I’m pretty sure the Acer can do higher resolution, but you need to have the TV as a second screen (I mean not just an exact copy of the Acer’s screen), and you get funny little things like the media player showing up as a blank image on the TV screen.

I’m sure there are workarounds of course, but it is so much easier for me to just leave it at 800x600 and the picture looks fine (I just use it to watch British TV, not HD movies)).

Oh, I suppose I should add this is using Ubuntu, not Windows.

[quote=“irishstu”]I’ve got my Acer Aspire One plugged into my TV via VGA. My Acer Aspire’s set to 800x600, just cos it means I can mirror the images easily. The TV’s fine with that.

I’m pretty sure the Acer can do higher resolution, but you need to have the TV as a second screen (I mean not just an exact copy of the Acer’s screen), and you get funny little things like the media player showing up as a blank image on the TV screen.

I’m sure there are workarounds of course, but it is so much easier for me to just leave it at 800x600 and the picture looks fine (I just use it to watch British TV, not HD movies)).

Oh, I suppose I should add this is using Ubuntu, not Windows.[/quote]

That sounds exactly l I’m doinow with ad laptop. Good to know that it will work now i have to get me a cheap one