Can a foreigner work for Uber eats?

I have the same problem even with APRC. Maybe we should update the number of ARC (APRC)

Can you ask your friend how hi did it ? I also have APRC but the same problem as you have. Uber eats all the time saying try again. Thank you in advance

You may need to show up at their office… as in you probably can’t do this online.

Where can find their office?

I don’t really know, I guess google search may uncover it.

Thank you

UBER合作外送夥伴服務中心
地址台北市大安區光復南路102號4樓
Address: 4 F., No. 102, Guangfu South Road, Da’an District, Taipei City, 106

Source: http://taiwanubereats.weebly.com/32879320972510520497.html

Good luck!

2 Likes

Just wondering if anyone had an update on this? I’d like to sign up to deliver for food panda! I don’t have an open work permit per say but I have a spouse based ARC (married to a Taiwanese citizen with household registration) so I don’t need a work permit :grin:

If you were successful, what was the process?

1 Like

Excellent idea! This is an industry with a bright future and you can be your own boss.

2 Likes

Looks like the “ubereatsforeigner” is still at it. I got this pearl posted a week ago from his instagram:

My apologies to the 1% that were unsatisfied. I did my best to not let your 7 bowls of soup spill during the 6km drive to your house… Lol.

1 Like

Which technically is an ‘open work permit’.

You can even work for two or three, multiple delivery companies simultaneously, 24 h/days.

I know it’s just that I don’t have the open work permit card and all their website say you must have a 身份證 and food pandas even goes on today 居留證 are specifically not accepted. Just wondering how the process was for the OP :blush:

It’s mostly a back up plan if me or my partner can’t work during level 4 lockdowns

Technically it’s not a work permit at all – it’s an exemption from the requirement to have a work permit.

4 Likes

Can confirm that I’ve now successfully signed up for Uber Eats as a foreigner! Just waiting on my bag to start doing some deliveries. A note is that your Chinese reading ability has to be pretty good to get through the sign up process, as there is a quiz on food hygiene, traffic safety, and Uber Eats policies.

I can also confirm that Food Panda very explicitly excludes foreigners in the sign-up process. Not sure about the legality of that but I don’t know what to do about it so I’m just sticking with Uber Eats for now. It may have something to do with the fact that Food Panda has you sign up for a China Trust bank account through a special online portal during the sign-up process, and foreigners aren’t eligible to complete that process with China Trust. Either way, it should be amended.

12 Likes

Hi, is this quiz in Chinese? is there any way to prepare for this quiz?

It’s in Chinese only. They provide you with a bunch of study material so it’s essentially open-note. But the hygiene material in particular is pretty dense, it’s 90+ slides from the government on food safety. I made good use of Ctrl+F while doing the test!

You need 90 points to pass, but if you fail you can immediately take it again.

Here is the study material and here is the quiz.

9 Likes

Can you do delivery on bicycle?

I have definitely seen more than one UberEats / Foodpanda driver on a bike. Even saw one on a UBike once :thinking:

But probably better to get at least an electric bike.

Yep! That’s my plan.