Can some explain what kacka means please?

I do not want to buy this record, it is scratched![/quote]

LOL @ the eels. But for the record, how would this help today’s youths learn english? MP3 files cannot get scratched, no?

Oh by the way: Ich möchte diesen Teppich nicht kaufen - Bitteschön!

Gute Reise!

Olm :stuck_out_tongue:

PS: I am no longer infected.

I still think it’s something to do with lady Gaga…supposed to sound like her…

[quote=“JohnEG”]I heard this bizarre ad again this morning. At the end she quite clearly says ‘Don’t call me (sic) English ca-ca.’

Surely this is some kind of joke along the lines of ‘my hovercraft is full of eels’?

I have no idea why anyone would use a made-up, offensive, nonsense phrase like this to promote an English cram school. Why, it’s almost as if Kojen has absolutely no idea what it’s doing.[/quote]

But it is ICRT!

‘My name is Ah-Huang, I drive a yellow cab…’ :slight_smile:

Actually ca-ca is an English word en.wiktionary.org/wiki/caca So I think the Chinese “卡卡” is probably a transliterated loanword.

But thanks to your reply and Taffy’s, it’s pretty clear to me now that this is a mashup of English and Chinese. In particular, it’s not – as I mistakenly thought – an attempt at a proper English sentence at all. It’s just a weak excuse to say a Chinese word that sounds like ‘poo’ out loud on the radio.

Another mystery solved! Thanks, you guys!

(ETA - And yeah, I probably should have read the whole thread before posting :slight_smile: )

My six-year-old hates Ah-Huang. Today, he yells at the car radio, “Ah-Huang, you are a BAD BAD teacher! You can’t mix Chinese and English in one sentence! Even I can teach better than you! You need to teach foreigners all the Chinese in one sentence, not to say, “I can help you learn 中文with ease.” What kind of sentence is that?! They’ll NEVER learn good Chinese with you teaching them! Those people should stay out of your taxi, you bad guy!”

If he ever meets Ah-Huang, I hope he remembers his manners…

That’s funny…kid has personality! Still I was amazed that ICRT finally produced a show to teach some Chinese, even if it is very basic…Maybe they sense dollars down the line.

I don’t know if this is related, but it is NSFW.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-o-WP2xFeWA