Can someone help me to reach Asus factory or contacting support email from its Taipei branch?

Howdy!. It’s been a while. I wonder how all have you been. I hope better than me. Since april 15th, I’ve been struggling with a respiratory bronchitis and it has been very difficult for me to get well.

Anyways, the reason of this post is due, I’m trying to help my mom. She owns an Asus computer and its her only way to work from home due the pandemic. However her computer has the keyboard damaged and she can no longer use it. The keys on the keyboard Zenbook U510U are unresponsive and one of them is loose.

Therefore I need to contact the factory in Taiwan to ask them if there’s a way that it can be sent there for repairs. I’d like to handle it directly this way because the resources in my country (Peru) are very limited and it is not possible to find a local support service center with the capacity for hardware repair, needless to say that may not have the parts for the model she uses.

So, to someone living in Taipei, can help me to find a contact number of Asus factory or an email to reach the factory or a service center there?.

I’d appreciate someone can help me with this matter because it would mean a lot to me, as this would ease her problem. So far we are only sharing a computer with very limited capabilities and does not suffice to do videocalls or whiteboard interactivity which are the tools mostly she uses for delivering her class.

Again if anyone could help me trying to get those contacts I will really appreciate. So far the only thing which I was able to find was this site https://www.asus.com/tw/support/CallUs/
But I don’t understand, and google translate or bing doesn’t help that much.

The quickest and cheapest remedy would be to just get a small USB keyboard for now. Can even be a wireless one for convenience.

I would not send the whole laptop. Just take out the keyboard and look up the model number. You can order a replacement online. If you don’t know how to get it out, YouTube is your friend.

Usually you can just open the case and pop up the connector on the board connecting the flat cable.

1 Like

IMO even in Taiwan, we don’t contact to ASUS rep / customer support whenever we have problem with device. Normally we’ll just go to the nearest ASUS authorized repair center, so i’d suggest you to do the same thing, find nearest ASUS authorized repair center and send your device there.

I second this. For permanent, if you cannot fix it in Peru.

I am going to tell you right now. Especially with conservative Taiwanese customer representatives is that the factories will be of no help to you and ASUS is EXTREMELY reluctant to sell parts.

However. Please post pictures of the laptop with model numbers, censor windows stickers and let me see what I can find.

Thanks for replying back. This is a picture of the keyboard. It is not complete. But that’s what is not working properly. Two keys not featured are loose.

This is a picture of the keyboard. BN keys are loose and the rest is not responding.

This is a picture of what’s featured in the reverse. It has the model which I’ve already mentioned. There aren’t any windows stickers other than the blurred serial number.

Does this helps?. I have read other options such as momentarily using a usb keyboard and so on. But this isn’t an option and it is not convenient. Thus a more permanent solution would be to be evaluated at the factory.

I still have hopes that it can be sent for repairs other than a local service center in my location as it doesn’t carry all the parts. I could try to purchase it online, and attempt a repair but I don’t have those tiny tools for the procedure and who knows what else could be wrong?.

Isn’t there any contact phone number or an address or something?.

Was there a sticker with the details on the right of the keyboard?

customer service number
+886-2-7736-0456

with the shipping cost and risk and difficulty in communication, are you sure it is the best way?

Hi. I gottan answer from one of my guys.

$1300 for a new keyboard. Not including post.

1 Like

There are dozens of repair stores in Peru. The mailing of the laptop plus insurance to Taiwan will easily exceed the repair price of the keyboard, and the mailing will need to be done TWICE.

It would be faster, simpler and cheaper to either buy a USB/wifi/BlueTooth Keyboard or have it repaired locally. Soporte técnico oficial | ASUS

Good luck.

2 Likes

Do you mean why did I blurred the image on the top?. It was just the serial number. There were no any other indication regarding Windows codes or any other. Regarding a sticker with details on the right of the keyboard, sorry, no. The pictures I’ve posted are the only ones featuring any noticeable difference. Other than that the other spots in the computers are clean, so no other stickers.

Probably the main reason why to gamble with all the logistics and cost is that there might be a lack of components required to replace the keyboard module which has some electrical contacts exposed, as the keys went loose, and had this being tested at a center or factory with the adequate equipment to ensure that all will be okay, I say it would.

So, Is it available?. As long it is not a refurbished or taken out from another laptop as a spare part. I wouldn’t mind. The model it is a little bit old (circa. 2017). So the replacement must be the keyboard module.

There is one on sale here

https://www.asus-accessories.com/grey-backlit-keyboard-for-zenbook-63486-63709.htm#ux510uw|l

But the keyboard featured is on english. There isn’t a spanish keyboard there.

The rear cover can be replaced, the part is also on sale here:

But again,
I have not the tools neither the expertise to replace those. Where’s exactly the place where you asked this information?. Is it an official service center or what?.

From the sites I mentioned above they seem to claim to have the official parts. But it doesn’t say especifally how they were obtained. All and all, is the place you asked a service center?.

Returning to what has been mentioned above. Service centers in Peru are limited in resources and needless to say that they are closed due the pandemic. The only ones still operating do not waranty that they will have the components to replace. Which in this case is the keyboard module. The video is intructive but that’s what it is. If you had the tools and if you’re sure that the only thing (noticeable) not functioning correctly is the keyboard, then that would be the solution. But in this case, it would be better to have a full diagnostic if there could be other components non functioning correctly, and all of this can be done in either an official service center or at the factory.

In order to do so, technicians use a specifically designed software for diagnosing the equipment straight from the bios. I’ve seen this procedure once in an older Toshiba I had. Once the component has been identified then this is replaced, but depending on the severity it could be more than one module.

Then this resumes to the fact, what if the place assigned as an “official service center” is trustworthy, well as places here obtain their licenses freely without much quality control. But even ignoring this, there is the fact of having the components. That’s the reason of the initial question.

If the end result would be having a computer which is safe to use and has the compoents being tested or diagnosed correctly and even measured with an oscilloscope, then I believe its worth the cost to go through the process even if it can be tedious, time consuming and so on, and very because of that reason I believe that would be the best choice.

Btw regarding mailing stuff to be done outside my country is not something I haven’t done before. I remember mailing a chip to be soldered and paying the fee to be mailed back as I didn’t had the solder equipment to put it in a pcb. Of course in that case the part was small, but the point is that it did worth.

I was able to replace my ASUS 504U backcover by buying from Ebay. Looks completely new. About $80US for the part and $80 US for the repair.

Have you tried Googling?

I live in the DC area. There was a Latino repair man who came to my house, grabbed my laptop, and came back with it fixed the next day for $80 US.

The phone number is tel:+886-2-7736-0456

Work hours are all listed on the page. Peru is 13 hours behind.