Can someone tell me the artist and song in 4:54 of this video?

https://youtu.be/mdOmig3zAZ4
Thanks.

1 Like

I wish I knew. It’s a cool-sounding song.

1 Like

I must find Amy’s restaurant the fish and chips look great!

2 Likes

Someone asked on the comments page.

I feel like this is some type of subliminal advertising troll want people to listen to this video about this restaurant by tricking us to listen to some song in the background that’s almost impossible to hear.

2 Likes

the same question? if it was around the same time, that means I hit reply twice or something.

I can’t even figure out what language it is.

Someone pasted your question to the comments page of the original video. But I doubt anyone would see it. The latest comments seem to be a year ago.
Check the credits or call the TV station. In this business, everything must be credited and logged.

Some words sound Hawaiian.

1 Like

That’s what I was thinking, but I also thought, “Maybe it’s some dialect of Chinese that I’m completely unfamiliar with, or maybe it’s an aboriginal language.”

But yeah, it sounds Hawaiian to me–the singing style sort of sounds Hawaiian, too.

Thanks to whoever did that.

I couldn’t find the credits for the life of me.

I was pretty sure it’s an aboriginal song. Their music and genetics are similar to Hawaiians, of course.

I just looked through a Wikipedia list of Taiwanese aboriginal groups (the first section of the list), and plugged some names from it into YouTube’s search box. I couldn’t find the song, but I was not very methodical.

Anyway, here’s the Wikipedia list:

The other sections appear to contain individual artists, but I can’t be sure of that, and in any case, I can’t be sure one way or the other whether anything in those other sections might lead to that song.

Please don’t get mad at me if you end up spending a pretty good deal of time on that list–in other words, if you do what I just did :slight_smile:–but after spending all that time, you don’t find the song.

If you do decide to have a look at that list, a Chrome browser might come in handy in case you want to translate something.

1 Like

Some English words are mixed in at the same point of the refrain: chocolate chip raisin peanut butter

1 Like

Dang, you’re not gonna believe this, but at first I thought I heard chocolate and peanut, but then I chalked them up to mondegreens.

Wow, thanks for the info!

Edited to add: I think it might be Hawaiian, but I still can’t find it.

Anyway, it goes well with a food video.

BTW, I had no idea the British ate potatoes every meal. I thought it was an Irish thing.

But shepherd’s pie
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Neither do, they are stereotypes.

Neither do, they are stereotypes.

According to that Amy lady in the video they do.

Speaking of stereotypes, there was a Catholic school in my hometown where the Italian kids would taunt “pick me some potatoes” at the Irish kids.

Yeah potatoes are popular but not eaten daily by everybody. Now cuisine is a lot more varied.

All Irish ppl have heard the potato jokes they are pretty fucking uncreative and insulting especially as we had a famine that killed 1 million people.

Yeah potatoes are popular but not eaten daily by everybody. Now cuisine is a lot more varied.

All Irish ppl have heard the potato jokes they are pretty fucking uncreative and insulting especially >as we had a famine that killed 1 million people.

Gotcha

It has changed now but 50 years ago almost everyone in Britain had potatoes with almost every meal except for breakfast.

In my childhood we had >95% for sure and probably nearer 99% of non-breakfast meals with potatoes. Very occasionally we would have rice instead or a can of pasta.