Can suitcase be delivered from airport to convenience stores?

Saw this at 7-Eleven wondering if they had it delivered from the airport. And what is the process?

20190819_092722

Yes

Thank you for that reply. Keeping me under 100 with no replies.

2 Likes

I would like to know the process, too. I would love to know if any airlines make it possible to drop the suitcase directly with a 7 if you give the airline the 7’s address. I doubt that very much, but it would be cool because it would mean you could check a bag on a return flight to TPE and skip having to wait at a luggage carousel and having to muscle the bag around on the MRT, HSR, and a taxi or a bus.

For example, when I check a bag at Narita with EVA Air, I ask the desk attendant to forward the bag to this particular 7-11, for which I give the address. I am then free to skip picking up my bag at TPE and can just pick it up the next morning at a 7.

Probably not that convenient, though. I suspect you have to hang around the luggage carousel, fetch your bag, and take it to some desk in TPE that for a fee (another assumption) take possession and forward it to a 7 that you designate.

Would love to know the details, though. Would be pretty cool either way.

Could this be a bag that arrived a few hours after the owner? In such cases, the airline arranges for it to be delivered and, I imagine, if people were working, 7-11 could be an option.

We just had our 3 cases delivered from Taoyuan to home. I was there when the van pulled up : 2 cases (each 23kg) were standing vertical, and the 3rd one (same weight) was just balanced horizontally on top, Ă  la Stonehenge. It fell hard onto the van floor, the instant he opened the side-door.

I wouldn’t trust those airport guys with anything but a robust case. Wherever they’re delivering to.

So since you saw them loaded in a van, you had to pick them up off the carousel yourself, right?

Where did you take them in TPE to purchase this service? When were they available to pick up at your 7 delivered to your home?

Can we get them delivered to the airport as well? bloody hell dragging two suitcases plus one mini suitcase i call my carryon and my personal item

you collect from the carousel yourself, and then lug them to the 7-11 on the third floor mezzanine (I think, anyway, up in the roof somewhere), and get them delivered to your favourite local 7-11.

airlines won’t carry bags for courier delivery unless it’s airfreight.

1 Like

Thank you. If that’s the case then it’s probably not possible to reverse the flow and have my local 7 deliver to TPE. I doubt the 7-11 at TPE has room to store dozens (at least) of bags.

I use a service that delivers my suitcases to the airport. As an added benefit, it also delivers me and the wife. Download the 55688 app.

3 Likes

Sounds like the one that costs about NT$1000 for bags and people are included for free.

2 Likes

IIRC, T Cat charges around $200 for a suitcase. I alone weigh the equivalent of 8 bags, so it’s not a bad deal.

Yep, you have to take the bags through customs yourself. In T1, when you exit Arrivals, turn left and around the corner, small place on the right. I forget who the carrier is.

We paid about $850 for all 3 bags. Dropped at 8am, they turned up at 2pm the next day.

1 Like

that’s why I travel around the world with a light backpack: literally my cards, my razor, 2 pairs of socks, a tie, underwear, pants, and 2 shirts and laugh at the suckers dragging their trash around in huge suitcases. everything else can be bought locally.

and noone gives me crap at airports with the extra checks and I don’t have to wait for the baggage carousel. and I don’t look like a tourist crime target.

1 Like

wow, you gotta be some kind of slow to pay 850 for someone to deliver your bag

Well…

Two things for me. I’m Italian, I have a big family and the people, especially the kids are expecting gifts when I go back to Canada.

And going back to Taiwan, more gifts and things i want from home that can’t be bought here.

1 Like

I feel you.

It is my dream to travel someday like @chamele0n. Alas, I always look like a pack mule on the Oregon trail or a camel about to cross the Sahara. Gifts, shopping, attires for all occasions…

1 Like

regarding baggage, about each piece of it, you have to ask yourself, “is this worth more than €100 or less?” if less, dump it, no need to torture yourself dragging heavy things on the trip.

Travel is hard enough as it is

So it seems your socks and underwear are worth more than €100 each! :scream: