Can Taiwanese people attend Shida's Chinese Program?

Hi everyone.
I was wondering if I could study Chinese at Shida’s Language and Culture Centre even though I’ve got Taiwanese citizenship. Does it matter as long as I have my Australian citizenship? Also you know how the deadline for applications to the March term closed on the 2oth of Jan - are they lenient with late applications? I don;t know as everyone is on New Year holidays. :s

Hi, I can answer your questions.

1. Nationality doesn’t matter. I have had a couple Taiwanese classmates using Taiwanese passports.

2. When you say the “march term”, I am assuming you mean this semester which ends in March. If that’s the case then don’t worry, you can still register. Jan. 20th isn’t the deadline, its actually the starting date of when you can register for the term ending in March. It’s a 1 month program, they just put you into an appropriate/available class. Since it’s only a month, the cost is pro-rated, around 7000nt. I am actually doing this program too. Class is on break right now for Chinese New Years. Go to school on Monday(Feb.2) and you’ll be perfect, first day of class.

[quote=“Tony the Tiger”]
2) When you say the “march term”, I am assuming you mean this semester which ends in March. If that’s the case then don’t worry, you can still register. Jan. 20th isn’t the deadline, its actually the starting date of when you can register for the term ending in March. It’s a 1 month program, they just put you into an appropriate/available class. Since it’s only a month, the cost is pro-rated, around 7000nt. I am actually doing this program too. Class is on break right now for Chinese New Years. Go to school on Monday(Feb.2) and you’ll be perfect, first day of class.[/quote]

Thanks heaps Tony. I’m actually looking to do a quarterly class though. The mtc site mtc.ntnu.edu.tw/admin.html says they have a 3-month program starting from march 1st til may 24th. Does this mean their one-month courses are easier to sign up to? I can only start in March as I’m still in Oz.

You can sign up for the March term pretty much whenever. They are pretty lenient with regards to registration.