Can the Covid-19 numbers be trusted?

Very possibly yes.
You’ve just done what you always complain about yourself.

A correlation of 1 (or as close as anyone ever gets to 1 in real life) does not indicate coincidence.

However I don’t think you’ve ever even pretended that science has any bearing on this debate.

I’ve no idea.what that chart above means. No explanation …No reference…Why 2017 vs 2020…Really not useful whatsoever.

• Blue bars are deaths attributed to all forms of cardiovascular disease in 2017 (the last year for which figures are available, BHA data).
  • Red bars are deaths described as “with COVID” in 2020 (ONS data).

From.one study in 2008 Men over 50 live about 5 years on average after being diagnosed with serious heart disease, women 8 years.

But then you need to go into age, medical treatment availability, severity of heart disease, how many of the population in each country versus covid deaths in each country.

Only then would I take you remotely serioisly, and it only took me a minute to Google that above stat.

CVD means what exactly in the above chart ?

Fair enough. A correlation of 1 means absolutely nothing at all.

I think that merits a fredsmith.

hahahahahahahahahahaahaaaaaaaaaaaa.

If your argument is beaten down it’s best to bow out gracefully.

Yeah, well, I’ll let other readers be the judge of who won that argument. Although it wasn’t exactly an argument since your side amounted to “I don’t understand” and “what’s that?”.

No, I asked you to put bones on ‘they are going to die very soon anyway’ theory but I got nothing useful back.

I thought covid was supposed to have felled all the weak already? We are a year into this thing .

How come then deaths were actually going up in UK and Brazil this Spring and the ICUs in France are full ?

It is logically impossible to prove what is going to happen. I gave you the next best thing - or, at least, a talking point - which you didn’t even understand.

Because humans die. Continuously.

This is the real correlation.
The problem is aged immune systems.

I mean this is blindingly obvious , when almost nobody, metabolic disease or not, dies under the age of 50.

“Age related senescence”?

Headline: SCIENTISTS DISCOVER THAT OLD PEOPLE ARE OLD.

The immune system gets old and deficient.

Goodness, does it? Whoever would have thought?

The scientists and experts who researched this thing. Notice the strong correlation with aging.

Now understand that covid is an infectious disease.

Da-daa…it isn’t that complicated.

And plenty of other research has proven that people who died from covid were often very slow to produce neutralising antibodies…The virus out replicated the immune response .

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: From coronavirus

So deaths in the US have been 550k. Your prediction wasn’t far off.

Cases have been estimated at 30.8 million. The highest estimates I’ve seen at 60 million (with little real evidence ) including all asymptomatics. That’s still a 0.9% death rate at lowest and 1.8% at highest estimate across the whole population.

Now we take into account how covid basically doesn’t kill anybody under 50 and the real death rate becomes pretty damn bad for that segment.

If covid was allowed to spread at will it could easily have racked 1.5 million deaths and counting .

The main problem was that herd immunity wasn’t going to kill off this pandemic anytime soon (looking at Brazil now). Thankfully vaccines should.

1 Like

It’s actually closer to 1.37‰ -1.8%.

Most estimates are that 30-40 million Americans have been infected by covid.

We’ve moved from mortalities to infections. I have no idea why you are doing this. Are you trying to win something?

EDIT: I get it. You’re dividing recorded deaths by recorded infections. OK, you win. My prediction was BS. We could divide the number of deaths by the number of people placed into ICU to make it even scarier.

Forgot all about that post. I stopped crunching numbers long ago. Too depressing. And now real.