Can the Kuomintang Return to Power in Taiwan? by Camphor honcho, Flob legend

Its not about corruption though, im talking about widespread treason and threats to national security at an organizational level.

The whole top tier of the old KMT are getting business benefits from the CCP and helping advancing their goals to take over Taiwan. The rot is so deep, that you feel a proper investigation would end with the disbanding of the whole party.

Corruption is a separate issue

That’s a very tricky tightrope to traverse. Those who deal with this in the government are not in enviable positions.

This is why the KMT are so vehemently against the 反滲透法 Anti-infiltration act, because they know eventually will come for them. There are decent people in the KMT but the selling out to the CCP is so clear and obvious at this point that they are collectively one of the biggest national security threats

2 Likes

Plus the KTM is a foundational part of Taiwan for the good and for the bad.

No party should or is the foundational part of any country. Parties come and go and they are independent of the state.

Well… if a country basically starts off as a bunch of people retreating to an island and starting their business there as the only party…

Then you can argue what’s up with the folks who were here prior to that (which is also a long discussion), but the KMT create the ROC so to say.

Countries start off in all sorts of manners.

The Democrat-Republicans and Whigs are gone from the US. There is no foundation in political parties. Taiwan was a dictatorship in the Kuomintang times, but it is no longer 1959.

What happened in the past means nothing in terms of political party terms. Political parties come and go. If they dissolve, they dissolve.

I would rather have a single party system like Japan than have Ko’s stupid cult finding its platform and make gains.

Japan isn’t a single party state.

1 Like

We are not talking about they dissolving, but they being dissolved. A bit different.

Nah, it doesn’t make sense. If they do something illegal, against the constitution, or clearly against the country, then use the law.

You’re talking about them being a ‘foundational part of Taiwan’ as if it means something.

One, they’re not foundational
two, It changes nothing if they are or are not a party.

But it does. They created this.

Maybe I got the R.O.C. very wrong. Please develop that.

Almost nothing. One of the two main parties, which represents so many people in the country, a party that founded the country… disappears. It means nothing. Sure.

So?

Parties come and go all the time. The people may or may not disappear but they are nothing more than human inventions. They are not universal laws.

Well, it’s a dominant party state.

So foundational.

It is. But I think it is to its detriment. Politicians that get comfortable end up doing bad jobs. Parties should be kept on their toes.

I’m not saying it should be Ko’s party either.

Again, it means nothing.

Nothing more than words in a history textbook.

You are arguing they are foundational to Taiwan. Should they get special treatment? Reverence? Special mention? Guaranteed representation?

Should they be protected from failure?

I know. I am simply saying that I would rather have this detrimental system than have a system where Ko’s stupid cult is the strong opposition.

I have no idea what you guys are talking about dissolving the KMT.

If a proper inquiry into the goings on since Ma happens, there is a chance that the party could be disbanded just because of the level of organizational treason.

Neither do I, he keeps saying it’s a foundational part of Taiwan, whatever that means.

1 Like