Can the Kuomintang Return to Power in Taiwan? by Camphor honcho, Flob legend

I was wondering why that one guy is wearing the elevator “skate” shoes? Pandering to the young crowd, perhaps?

Eric Chu’s fashion choice: discuss! :rofl:

Guy

I think suits are a relic of the past. They’re fine on their own but I don’t think they need to be mandatory. Rules for the sake of rules. I’d polo shirt it too. I’d even wear shorts…if I liked shorts.

But I don’t. So I won’t wear shorts to a debate cause I don’t like them.

1 Like

I’d like to see all four of those men on stage wearing shorts.

Except actually I wouldn’t, as that would almost certainly be painful to watch.

Guy

If KMT choose Zhang Ya Zhong , they are over. I mean not in the current slow death way, but rather instantly they will become a fringe party. Voters and politicians are going to migrate to the TPP and they will become the second party.

All this could happen at the end of the month, and Zhang is leading right now.

Zhang is super pro-reunifucation and will fly to Beijing, even as opposition party leader to discuss peace treaty with Xi. He almost rejects 92 consensus as it’s too vague.

He will also clear out the party of Lee Teng Hui’s poison. This would mean the moderates and also the Bensheng. Think possibly people like the extremely popular Hou Youyi, who is bensheng.

So we’re rooting for Chang to win so he can deliver its death knell?

1 Like

That’s a pretty popular meme and sentiment with younger people right now.

1 Like

The KMT still has capable and likeable people. Chiang Wan An has a high chance of being Taipei Mayor next year, but not in a weirdo pro-Beijing party led by Zhang

The soft blues, meaning the business set, intellectual set , metropolitan set. Actually anyone aligned with the party who isn’t a deep-red lunatic, will leave on mass

No they don’t. They have some people who don’t seem as stupid and embarrassing but are equally awful.

I know people who know Chiang Wan An. Everyone says he is very very smart and capable. Also that he is wasting his time in politics.

He ran an IP law firm on Silicon Valley for 13 years.

Hou is popular

There are a few others who aren’t shit as well

The next set of races to watch will be the municipal elections in 2022. We’ll see which candidates are put forward and how things go.

Guy

Their ideology means they are shit on principle.

1 Like

Gain, please stop beating around the bush and tell us what you really think! :rofl:

Guy

Who’s beating around the bush? I hate everyone and everything KMT and that’s all there is to it.

Yes we know. :slight_smile:

Guy

Na, if they vote Zhang, they are over. Dead, deceased, byebye. They vote on 25th by the way

Chiang was pro gay marriage and transitional justice. I mean he didn’t have a choice to join another party.

But yeah most are shit

Remember these are the guys who nominated hardliner Hung Hsiu-chu as their presidential candidate! Yeah they later yanked her out of the spotlight and shuffled in Eric Chu. But it seems they don’t mind playing around the edge of the cliff.

Guy

Are you referring to Johnny Chiang (current KMT chair) or Chiang Wan-an, current legislator and possible Taipei City mayoral candidate?

Too many Chiangs out there! :rofl:

Guy

1 Like

Yeah Zhang plans to clean out the party and fly to Beijing.

For example, Ma is on his supporters list of Lee Deng Hui faction who needs to be booted.
Zhang isnt pro Beijing or 92 consensus, he wants to sign a peace agreement as soon as possible