Can you buy a house with all physical cash?

Not really, plenty of people buying houses here in London and in Taipei outright with cash. Depends on many factors.

There are no legal issues. I agree. Its totally fine. But expect questions and perhaps visits. Just dont be stressed if that happens. And, of course, make sure you have paperwork to prove it legal.

Interesting. Where did you get that figure? Or do you mean by wire transfer?

Reading this website it says US$10k or equivalent.

https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/TW-Chinese-Taipei-customs-currency-airport-tax-regulations-details.htm#Currency

No no, youā€™re mixing up what you can bring and what you need to declare. Money sent by wire is ALWAYS declared.

You can bring $2.4 Million tax free into Taiwan per year. After that, thatā€™s when the tax man wants his cut. My down payment was about $2.2 million or C$100 000 so it worked out.

Oh, and that website spells Taiwan wrong.

1 Like

Why not do 5 or 10 years? Even with your example, you come out ahead at 1.x% interest on the mortgage.

OK great, thank you for the clarification! :smile:

1 Like

Yes Russian people now having taken off them :blush:

1 Like

I seriously doubt the toothless uk govt will make a dent. I mean look how few UWOs have been issued. Iā€™m sure London will remain the money laundering centre of the world for some time yet.

1 Like

Deposit the cash to a bank account and pay via wire transfer. Other than being questioned where the cash comes from when depositing (100% guaranteed), all should be good. This way you donā€™t have to worry about being scammed since there is proof of payment with the bank.

1 Like

Because iā€™m looking at like for like investment vā€™s lone fixed term.

After feeā€™s and tax you will end up down.

You can always invest the monthly payment you have from not paying a mortgage, get the interest on that without paying interest on the lone.
Also if you buy outright you own the house not the bank.

:roll_eyes: loan

(Added bonus: vs)

thanx

I paid cash for a house 13 years ago. Circumstances were that it was on government land so only the house is mine, whereas I pay try monthly rent to the government for the land itself.
Cashing in on gold and silver or the like, youā€™d be deducted for capital gains tax, be forewarned.