Can you identify this breed?

My father said it was a cocker… I think it is a St. Bernard.

(most probably a mongrel, but he paid 100K for it, even though I also have contacts in the ol country with animal organizations, sigh.

Does not have cocker ears.

Does not look like a St Bernard either. Color not right.

Most wags would pronounce “Yup, it’s definitely a dog!”, but I’m going to go out on a limb and declare that its a King Charles Cavalier Spaniel and St Bernard mix. Your poor Dad.

Looks like a pure-bred bitser.

It’s not the best picture.

It’s definitely not a St Bernard. It’s not a cocker. How old and how big is it ?

It reminds me of a beagle pup. Doesn’t it look a lot like the puppy in this picture?

http://my-pet-medicine.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/07/Beagle-Puppy3.jpg

It’s a big head with a dog attached … worth 100K :smiley: 100k what?

I hope it got all the shots so it won’t die on your dad …

It was about a month old -I told Dad right away it was too young to be away from his mama- but the paws felt huge, that is why I was going for St. Bernard, or some other large breed, as he was not a tiny thing.

I’ll ask if he’s developing curly ears. Spaniel sounds about right in the neighborhood. And poor Dad my foot, he’s a terrible dog owner. He shouldn’t have bought the poor thing. At least my stepmom alway steps in and takes care of the furry ones.

Might be a beagle, but felt too “round”, not such long extremities, but he’s a pup. We’ll see… if he survives.

First thing they did was vaccinate him… and cut his tail off. :fume:

that’s sad indeed.

Any updates on this dog ? If its a Bernard I’d expect him to be a fair size now!

Well, he’s really big now, up to my brother’s hip, and he’s managed to chew through their iron gates. Dunno if Saint Bernard or what, but the bark is like a rumble… still waiting on pictures, though…

You know,it’s a damn fine looking Dog and cute. Love it,Feed it (lots!) Enjoy it. Some things in life are expensive initially. Cost now, will be forgotten in 5 years…when he is HUGE :slight_smile: then worry about feeding costs :ponder:

Check out that dog ‘map’
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/f1/4e/42/f14e421a0dd102c35f89a668a1dac3ef.webp

1 Like

If I recall, the scientific name for that is a “goodest boi” but also go by “pupperino” and “doggo” eventually.