Can you look past the illusionary nature of make-up?

For the red-blooded males which comprises the majority of this forum, how many of you possess the uncanny super-sight of looking past the illusionary nature of make-up on women?

How do you train yourself to possess such a wonderful gift in the first place?

To discern the true features of a human being beneath all the fake camouflage of face powder, eye-liners, push-up bras, lipsticks and eye shadows?

hmm … I suspect it’s like those sci-fi/fantasy movies where some guy takes off his armour or whatever and there’s just thin air inside. Take away the plastic and paint and all you’re left with is the squeaky voice.

Looks like someone woke up this morning, rolled over, and thought “wow, you sure looked a whole lot better last night.” :laughing:

But he lucky it Taiwan, not Thailand.
In Thailand farang roll over in morning, say “Oh my Buddha!” it man, not girl!

[quote=“crystaleye”]For the red-blooded males which comprises the majority of this forum, how many of you possess the uncanny super-sight of looking past the illusionary nature of make-up on women?

To discern the true features of a human being beneath all the fake camouflage of face powder, eye-liners, push-up bras, lipsticks and eye shadows?[/quote]

By spending time with them and getting to know their personality?

By looking at their face… :slight_smile: It is not hard at all.

Pick the ones with less of it to begin with.
Less make up less issues hiding behind it.
Less surprises in the morning, too.

[quote]Pick the ones with less of it to begin with.
Less make up less issues hiding behind it.
Less surprises in the morning, too.[/quote]
Very good advice there. Personally I think removing the makeup (even if there isn’t much of it) is part of getting naked anyway. It’s sweet in that it says “I trust you enough to let you see what’s under this” … and underneath she looks much better, even if she doesn’t know it.

Lots of practice. :howyoudoin:

:wink:

My guess is that crystaleye is an absolute trainwreck in a relationship based on his posts here. One day he’s questioning Taiwan’s divorce settlements and the next he’s talking about girls with too much makeup. I don’t know what your agenda is with these threads but you appear to have this holier than thou image you want to project. If you want to deal with these problems then pick up bar girls if not then look for a nicer girl.

One of the most quotable quotes from my BF (who’s been here several years and before me almost exclusively dated TAiwanese girls).
“It’s cool how you look the same in the morning as you did last night.”
Here’s to no make up! Or very little anyways :wink:

You should tell her she has to wait for a final answer until the next morning after waking up … :whistle:

Woman put makeup so can look same young girl.
But then woman complain man like to date young girl!
Man not put makeup (unless he ladyboy).
But man have big car, Rolex etc., because woman like man have lot money.

sam wong right

But sometimes men put on makeup too when hunting weaker animals,
they cover up their scent with mud, or maybe put on some fragrant deer urine to attract them.

Women know this trick too, she tricks the weaker animal with makeup, perfume and acting helpless, etc.,
makes him think she is something she is not, and when it’s too late, he has already fallen into her trap.

But men cannot trick women with makeup.

[quote=“photi”]sam wong right

But sometimes men put on makeup too when hunting weaker animals,
they cover up their scent with mud, or maybe put on some fragrant deer urine to attract them.

Women know this trick too, she tricks the weaker animal with makeup, perfume and acting helpless, etc.,
makes him think she is something she is not, and when it’s too late, he has already fallen into her trap.

But men cannot trick women with makeup.[/quote]

genius you are

[quote=“crystaleye”]For the red-blooded males which comprises the majority of this forum, how many of you possess the uncanny super-sight of looking past the illusionary nature of make-up on women?

To discern the true features of a human being beneath all the fake camouflage of face powder, eye-liners, push-up bras, lipsticks and eye shadows?[/quote]
A truly awesome question.
:ponder:
Some blokes like the tart up, but for some of the more sentient of the rest of us, it’s more about nuance. Sustaining an already appealing female attribute.
All that other overcompensation is glaringly inept, and I do declare: false advertising, of the most vile and pernicious manner, as it burns not only the buyer but the seller.
Quality over quantity any day of the week!
:smiling_imp:
“HuzzAH!”

edit: it takes much training, which, mind you, never stops!

:roflmao:
Holy Hand Grenade!
What on earth do you think money is?

[quote=“TheGingerMan”]

Holy Hand Grenade!
What on earth do you think money is?[/quote]

Or the illusion of money, at least.

[quote=“TheGingerMan”]

Holy Hand Grenade!
What on earth do you think money is?[/quote]

I don’t know, I’ve never seen men apply money directly to the face like cosmetics… :astonished:
Now if you mean it serves the same function as physical appearance does for women then sure :wink:
I think Lili has it right.

No problem with a little bit of makeup that’s tastefully done. It enhances beauty. But caked-on makeup covers up a woman’s natural beauty and looks plain hideous.

Save the caked-on look for special occasions like Halloween, Cosplay and the circus! Or if you’re reprising the role of The Joker in the next Batman franchise, or doing a documentary on Tammy Faye Baker!

I am a make-up junkie, not going to lie. However, men do appreciate more the clean-look face.
I don’t think I’ve been with anyone who hasn’t told me that make-up can only enhances natural beauty (although debatable, I’ve seen make-up miracles lol)

I think the problem in Taiwan is that women are not looking to enhance their natural beauty, but to actually change their facial features to resemble something else. Western women often use make up to make their eye color pop, conceal imperfections, even out complexion, etc. Here in Taiwan, it is all about having the HUGE eyes, the lighter skin, etc. I think this is the main issue.

Sometimes I see women on department stores with those HUGE fake eye-lashes, blue/green colored contact lenses, and on top of that, too much blush and/or overdrawn lips… and I just want to tell them they’re beautiful Asian women and should embrace it instead of trying to look Caucasian.