If you can see it, keep quiet

If you can’t, keep on looking

Edit… Here is the link… 臺中區監理所 全球資訊網

2 Likes

I can see it, brilliant! who da fuck did that? I wonder if the site was hacked

“bareheaded”, now that’s funny.

keep reading, after that, there is a clanger

Yeah, there’s no way that’s a typo.

actually i am starting to think that it could be an idiot translator. if you read the whole sentence that it is in.

What’s the problem?
It says:

One recent 1-inch bust front view photo, bareheaded, on glossy paper (identical to driver’s license format).

Bust = the head
Bareheaded = no coverings on the head

Nothing odd about this.

you havent seen it yet, keep reading

Sorry, give us a clue here. It’s in Standard Chinglish, but I can’t see anything offensive or funny in there.

1 Like

Same here. Typical typos/Chinglish.

I’ve seen it for the first time.

I can’t see it. I see P.R.O.C but nothing amiss there.

i thought that was it, how come nothing amiss?

1 Like

The atrocious attempt to do a word by word translation of bureacratese Sung dynasty gongwen Chinese into “English” follows SOP. It is only missing a reverent thanks to the kechang who edited it. Heaven forbid giving it to a Native speaker. Too expensive, time wasting and face losing.

Example: they recently had a public presentation of a big protect we worked on. However, the press release was not done by us nor we were given the translation to check. As a result, the thing that came out in a multilingual attempt had the glaring typo -the most glaring among many, and I am calling it typo to be charitable- of writing the project’s name in 3 different ways… And that is just for starters.

They’re talking about separate procedures for verifying a China mainland issued drivers license which is fair enough considering they don’t recognise each others’ documents. I’m somewhat surprised they’ll take a China driver’s license at all.

the answer is not… ‘bareheaded’

and not bad translation or whatever

look again… read again…

it is an official national online document!

I was surprised they expressed the mainland China as PRoC.

Why? People’s Republic of China. Non-standard abbreviation (normally PRC), but perfectly clear.

Icon: yeah, it’s atrocious, but par for the course. Clearly, somebody’s brother-in-law who worked in the USA for six months was the resident “expert”. I’m probably just used to it.

2 Likes

“Mainland Chain” or maybe the OP is referring to something else… but that’s what I see aside from the “driver/'s”

Have you ever seen this in other official documents?

I’m not sure whether this is the answer, though.