Can you work legally with a Masters Degree but no Bachelors

I have a Master’s Degree in Acupuncture but not an official Bachelor’s Degree. I bi–passed it. I only needed 3 years of undergrad to enter Acupuncture school. Would a TEFL certificate, a Master’s Degree, and 2.5 years experience teaching english in China be enough? What should I do if I want to teach English in Taiwan?

Thanks.

I always thought a Bachelors is a prerequisite for doing a Masters. :astonished:

I always thought a BA was required as well. I think the problem may lie in the fact that the degree appears to be from an acupuncture school and not a university. If I were OP, I’d check whether or not the degree granting institution is recognized for the purposes of work permits in Taiwan. I believe the authorities here have lists of accepted institutions.

They cant have every school possible. I have a legitimate Masters Degree. You don’t need a Bachelors all the time. That is not true. The school I went to was 3.5 years so much undergrad stuff was done at the school. Most Master’s Degrees are 2 years. I have 3 years of undergrad.

Look, tell me the truth. Do I just get a fake Degree? I mean, I am an expert, very experienced English teacher who spent way over 7 years studying. and a lot of time teaching in China. I am educated. Not just some random guy who is going to make a ruckus out of Taiwan. I can teach better than some guy just out of college anyways. Can I just get a fake Bahcelor’s Degree?

Ok its illegal. But what are the odds you get caught, and if you do get caught what happens? I want the truth about this. Tell me and everyone can know. I really don’t feel bad about it because its a dumb law anyways. The students in my class will learn English. That is what’s important. A guy has a Bachelor’s in Science is going to get hired when I speak fluent Mandarin and have taught Chinese people English since 2000.

Please give me the low down.

I would really love to live in Taiwan, but if fake degrees won’t work, and if they won’t accept me as a teacher with my real degrees and credentials I guess I can’t come.

They might not have a list of every school in the known universe, but they do have a list of all the schools whose degrees they accept. Ask the MOE.

If your school isn’t on their list, you’ve got a problem – no matter how legitimate your master’s might be.

And if your degree in acupuncture is from a university in China, no appeals would do you any good at all.

That’s just how it is.

Good luck.

My degree is from California and is recognized in America.

So can anyone provide a link to the list please?

Any info on fake degrees?

[quote=“Acujer”]My degree is from California and is recognized in America.

So can anyone provide a link to the list please?[/quote]

This might be what you need, but you should double check with the ministry to be sure.

My school and no acupuncture schools are on there.

What should I do?

I feel like noone is giving me a proper answer. Do they actually check degrees and what university or college you went to? I mean how strict are there standards? Can’t someone tell me?

I would have thought the fact there is a list would have been enough to answer your question.

I understand that they do check quite thoroughly, I’ve read somewhere on this board (can’t remember where) somebody was saying s/he had difficulty having his/her degree recognized because it was a 3 year course (too many fake degrees caused the MOE to question its validity). As you are probably aware outside the US, this is often the case.

If this example is true… then yep, I’m afraid you maybe out of luck

A few years back, the authorities became acutely aware that many backpackers were coming here and submitting degrees conferred by the Khaosan Road copy shop in Bangkok, so they cracked down and began checking degrees. This became more and more difficult with the availability of Photoshop and and cheap home printers, so they then drew up a list of approved schools. If your school’s not on their list, you are basically out of luck.

Don’t blame the government for this – blame the shiftless lazy good-for-nothing backpackers who came before you and spoiled your potential scam.

By all means, try using a fake degree. But make sure you don’t burn your bridges before coming here, because you’ll almost certainly get caught. They’re not stupid – at least, not as stupid as they used to be.

[quote=“Acujer”]
Any info on fake degrees?[/quote]

Please stop asking about fake degrees.

No-one is going to give you advice on this forum about how to break the law.

[quote=“irishstu”][quote=“Acujer”]

No-one is going to give you advice on this forum about how to break the law.[/quote]
Bestiality is also illegal, Iris, yet does that stop you from waxing lyrical about your many and sundry barnyard conquests? No sir it does not. Pot kettle black.

[quote=“sandman”][quote=“irishstu”][quote=“Acujer”]

No-one is going to give you advice on this forum about how to break the law.[/quote]
Bestiality is also illegal, Iris, yet does that stop you from waxing lyrical about your many and sundry barnyard conquests? No sir it does not. Pot kettle black.[/quote]

I’ve fucking told you a million times, Sandman, it’s called “interspecies erotica”!

I think asking about fake degrees is quite relevant. Even if you think it’s wrong, I would like to know what the deal is with it. I did not ask how to make one. The question was if one were to use one, what are the odds they would get caught, and if they did get caught what would happen. Remember, there may be hundreds of people reading these threads who may want to use a fake degree. You can educate them.

I am a good English teacher. Whether I have a Bachelor’s Degree is nonsense. Absolute nonsense. A Bachelor’s Degree in a subject not relating to English does not mean you can teach English.

But this thread is not about nonsense rules in Taiwan. This is about whether or not I should come to Taiwan.

I am very upset to discover that I should not go there. I was looking forward to it very much.

I am still waiting for a proper response. So far its a lot of heresay and speculation.

I still don’t know for sure that they check degrees and I do not know for sure how important that list is.

Please can someone tell me how they can possibly know that a good fake degree from a University on their list is fake. Please tell me. I am very curious about this.

Uhm, deportation and a 5 year ban (pretty red stamp) from this country is relevant. Not to mention a criminal fraud prosecution threat. Have $$$ for plane fare out or be a guest at Taiwan’s resort for foreigners (jail) :taz: Rant over.

I appreciate the response.

Now can you answer me how they know a degree is fake or not?

Yes it does. It’s what qualifies you to teach ESL in Taiwan. Without it, you can’t legally teach here.
You’ve asked about qualifications. You’ve asked about committing fraud. You’ve received clear answers to your questions. Now you’re asking us to PROVE that we’re right?
Riiiight. Them’s the facts, kid. Like them or don’t like them. Believe them or don’t believe them. Like I give a flying fuck one way or the other.
The Ministry of Education would be the people to ask regarding their methodology of detecting fraud, by the way. Horse’s mouth and all. As you say, why settle for “hearsay and speculation?”

If you can read Chinese the degree MUST, MUST be from their approved list from the MOE re-read thread… Some (especialy) some interesting candidates are re-verified like all institutions do worldwide, by contacting through proper channels. 教育部–全球資訊網 Ministry of Education.

Sandman I meant it doesn’t mean they are good teachers.

Look Taiweiner and Sandman I get what you guys are saying. I am convinced not to go to Taiwan. But what I am asking that noone is answering is how do they know a degree is fake? If I give them a real good fake diploma from one of the schools on their list, how can they possible know it’s fake? Obviously they have methods. What are these methods and how often do they actually use them to find out if a degree is authentic or not?