Canada Day Celebration moved to Taiwan, China

This is about triggering them, not about facts.

1 Like

That one is still true for now. :stuck_out_tongue: :eu:

1 Like

Likewise, ā€œTaipei, Chinaā€ was also trueā€“up until 1895.

Good job, Air Canada!

Guy

Why do people keep talking about the Taipei regime as if it had actually renounced its claim to all of China?

2 Likes

Donā€™t forget Outer Mongoliaā€¦

2 Likes

To be fair the ROC have a more valid claim to China than the Chinese administration has to Taiwan. At least the KMT ruled China in the past. I suppose just under half of Taiwan was within the Qing empire, but itā€™s a pretty desperate justification.

Actually, thinking about this is starting to give me a headache.

But we can vote for puppets and own land until they need it, thatā€™s what we are trying to hold onto.

As we all know, Taiwanā€™s got a host of problems with governance. I doubt any of them would be fixed if we were simply ruled from Beijing.

Guy

Sorry I forgot to /sarcasm

Iā€™m very pro independence, but also very anti lazy. Itā€™s a hard spot to be in. And so, I drink :slight_smile:

1 Like

Given the political ā€œcultureā€ in Taidong (Taitung), I donā€™t blame you.

Guy

Nah. Most of my years are in pingtung, where I DRANK.

the east coast is soooo much more ā€¦

There is an odd Iogic to the east. Not really a realistic one, but leagues ahead of the west.

Given the political ā€œcultureā€ in Pingdong (Pingtung), I also donā€™t blame you. : D

Guy

The leg room sucksā€”I would rather sit on Whitney Houston`s dead choda than an Air Canada seat.

1 Like

Iā€™m just gonna be the asshole here and ask if whether these North American Airlines can save a considerable amount of money in fuel cost if they have requirements in the looks department like other airlines.

Will never happen. While it has been privatised since the late 80s, it still has the nasty stench of a Crown Corporation. Meaning very PC in appointments. They would never hire lookers. :grin:

Yeah and Iā€™m sure every one of your guys posting here on forumosa looks GREAT.

Just because an airline doesnā€™t fire someone due to their age, it doesnā€™t make them sh*tty. Thereā€™s a trillion reasons to dislike Air Canada besides this.

Guy

3 Likes
  1. Stewardesses that smell
  2. Stewardesses that look like they were born before 1930.
  3. Preferential hiring for bilinguals
  4. Shitty food
  5. Shitty legroom.
  6. Surly customer service.
  7. Shitty prices.

Since you stated

itā€™s interesting that you remain intimately familiar with the specifics of their current operation. :stuck_out_tongue:

Guy

2 Likes

I worked in government where we had only two options. I always chose the other (WestJet) but frequently heard the complaints against AC. :grin:

I just bought my ticket for the annual trip back to the U.S. Air Canada was the cheapest and most convenient option, but I went with another airline instead. Fcuk Air Canada.

6 Likes