Canada Has the Most Pot Smokers in Industrialized World

Canada Has the Most Pot Smokers in Industrialized World

Some comments just write themselves…:smiley:

Yep, I can’t agree with you more. From the same article:

[quote]Canada may have cornered the North American market on marijuana use, but U.S. teens are twice as likely to use cocaine as teens in the rest of the world, according to the report.

About 4.8 percent of U.S. 10th graders have used cocaine compared to an average of 2.35 percent of 15 and 16-year-olds in South America countries and an average of 2.4 percent of similarly aged students in European nations.

Overall, Spain had the highest percentage of cocaine users between the ages of 15 and 64 at 3 percent, followed by the U.S. at 2.8 percent, England at 2.4 percent and Canada at 2.3 percent.[/quote]

Maybe that’s why Canadians are so happy instead of aggro/homocidal (except for that pig farmer who killed over 30 prostitutes and then fed them to his pigs)

Sorry TC, Bob and Doug drink Molson on TV and Elsinore in their movie. No weed there!

Whoever wrote the headline for that article was apparently stoned. Canada does not have the most pot smokers in the industrialized world; the US does.

The population of Canada is about 33M. The population of the US is about 298M. You do the math.

I’ve always been of the opinion that pot smokers feel defensive and like to argue a lot also…:smiley:

TC,if you really want to get going on Canadians, there’s a guy called Chewycorns over at the Ho that might feed your need to thump on cheeseheads. I believe he was here for a while as well.

Merge -
I have nothing but love and respect for Canadians. Fine nation. Been there many times. Great fishing, good beer…fine folks all around.

And I know Chewy well…:smiling_imp:

If smoking dope concerns you ,then this should also concern you:

It’s virtually a neck-and-neck race, TC. Perhaps if the US took the lead they’d chill out and stop shooting each other so much. Oh thats right gun ownership is of less concern to you than weed.

[quote=“Truant”]If smoking dope concerns you ,then this should also concern you:

It’s virtually a neck-and-neck race, TC. Perhaps if the US took the lead they’d chill out and stop shooting each other so much. Oh thats right gun ownership is of less concern to you than weed.[/quote]

:notworthy: :bravo:

Smokin’ weed or smokin’ guns … I know where I’d rather live. Just need to keep a tab on the cookie jar, that’s all …

That would make you about the heaviest user on the planet, TC.

That would make you about the heaviest user on the planet, TC.[/quote]Fox -
Not since July 0f 1988. Me no smoky tha dopey no mo.

But thanks for the kind words.

[quote]Fox -
Not since July 0f 1988. Me no smoky tha dopey no mo.
[/quote]

That must have been one mother of a joint.

[quote]But thanks for the kind words.
[/quote]

Who loves you, baby?

:smiling_imp::twisted::twisted: yep, that’d be him!:twisted::twisted::twisted:

[quote=“Ben Harper”]“Burn One Down”

Let us burn one from end to end,
And pass it over to me my friend.
Burn it long, we’ll burn it slow,
To light me up before I go.

If you don’t like my fire, then don’t come around,
'cause I’m gonna burn one down.
Yes, I’m gonna burn one down.

My choice is what I choose to do,
And if I’m causing no harm, it shouldn’t bother you.

Your choice is who you choose to be,
And if you’re causin’ no harm, then you’re alright with me.

Yes, I’m gonna burn one down.

[color=green]Herb the gift from the earth,
And what’s from the earth is of the greatest worth.
So before you knock it try it first,
Oh, you’ll see it’s a blessing and not a curse.[/color]

Yes, I’m gonna burn one, oohhh.
[/quote]

I think that says it all.

No, I don’t think it does.

[quote=“Peter Tosh”]Singers smoke it,
and Players of Instrument,too
Legalize it,Yea-ha,Yea-ah
Thats the best thing you can do, Doctors smoke it, Nurses smoke it, Judges smoke it, Even la Wyer,too so youve Got to
(Chorus) Legalize it…
Its Good for the Flu Good for Asthma, Good for Tuberculosis, Even Numara Thrombosis Go To.... (Chorus) Birds eat it, Ants love it, Fowls eat it, Goats love to play with it So youve got to
(Chorus)… [/quote]

:beatnik:

Not only are Canadians smoking it like mad, in B.C. it’s become a HUGE part of the economy. Up in the interior, it’s amazing the number of shiny new, $60,000 pick-ups tooling around.

Of course, many of the people living up there are draft-dodging ex-hippies…

So Americans in fact? :laughing:

HG

Yeah. Hence the attempt, not so long ago, for a monument to draft-dodgers.

Big money in it, but in fairness, the industry is mostly another example of Canadians exploiting their resource-based economy.

Too bad I’m philosophically opposed.

[quote=“Jaboney”]Not only are Canadians smoking it like mad, in B.C. it’s become a HUGE part of the economy. Up in the interior, it’s amazing the number of shiny new, $60,000 pick-ups tooling around.
[/quote]

it’s great too, because now all the pot houses located all over the province contain people with guns to protect their wares, and attract more people with guns to try and steal some of the stuff.

i’ve nothing against those who want a toke, but it’s bloody fun stuff when the above becomes a part of the neighbourhood …