Canada Has the Most Pot Smokers in Industrialized World

Yeah, the illegality of it makes for bad times.
A while ago, the cops chased three guys from a grow-op right into my parents’ backyard.
Two hopped the fence, one ran around.
The two who hopped over, hopped right back into the arms of the police when confronted with a pair of surprised, territorial, snarling wolf-hybrids. The cops loved it. :roflmao:

But all in all, it makes for more crime and silliness, thanks to the big bucks involved.

I think it’s funny how Republicans always go off on “freedom” this and “freedom” that, but support the war on consumer choice popularly known as the “War on Drugs.”

It’s the latent puritanism that’s to blame. The thing about pot is that it makes you feel good, and pleasure for its own sake is intolerably decadent to a Republican.

And I think its “funny” how some internet clowns always want to use out-dated and incorrect poli sci 101 stereotypes to fulfill their daily post count.

Read the news, a $195 million (est. street value) pot bust in Santa Barbara county recently. Looks its tied to MS 13 and the Mexican La Familia (Mafia) gang cartel.
Sorry to bust your Furry Freak Brothers mental image of peaceful hippies growing the herb just for their personal use.

And…personally, having been a participant in the so-called “WOD”, I have long been a vocal proponent of legalizing all drugs, controlling their growth/manufacture and taxing it.

Legalize it!..and tax it!

So why don’t they legalize and tax it? Staunch puritanism? Seems a no-brainer to most thinking people. Why can’t the re-pubes get their heads around it?

Legalize it, Tax it, Burn it, and deport the gangs.

Start prosecuting white collar crimes for hard drug use (coke, heroin): mayors, politicians, doctors, bankers, businessmen, lawyers, rockstars, models. If that waif model had gone to prison, and that DC mayor too, we’d be on our way. Otherwise, who’s gonna take WOD seriously.

Would it just take the Americans to change the worldview? I wonder how quickly other countries would follow suit.

I’ve been out of Canada over 5 yrs now. How is our experiment with tolerance going? Anyone got some first hand info on folks casually sparking one in public parks whilst having a civil conversation with a peace officer?

Can they add a few plants to their gardens yet?

What’s the mood in Britain these days?

Hard drug use? Hell, lets start throwing the book at people who drink and drive while we’re at it. I have mixed feelings about legalization and taxation. “Honey, pick up an 8-ball on your way home from work, OK? The Johnsons are coming over for dinner.” OK, hon. I’ll pick up a DVD for the kids while i’m at it." Nah.

I would just like to see a model for how that would be accomplished. Personally, I wouldn’t want to be working with people who are trying to come off a 3 day crystal meth bender. I wouldn’t want to be worrying about my kid’s teacher chasing the dragon after work, and I certainly don’t like thinking about people on the roads tweaking on anything, and that includes pot. Don’t get me started on the abuse of prescription drugs.

But this is off topic.

So there are a lot of potheads in Canada, huh? And the grow ops are getting to be more and more controlled by gangs? Wow! Well, I guess the majority of responsible pot smokers are going to have to start making informed consumer decisions about where their weed comes from. They will have to be sure to buy only “gang-free” pot, grown in areas considered to be “green” and guaranteed not to be grown in “responsible family communities” or something like that. That will happen for sure.

Be nice to see that tax money be put towards social security and medicare, though.

All valid points CTK. But how many people have you worked with do you think would actually begin tweaking because it was suddenly legal?

The herd would thin itself from the bottom up if all drugs were legalized, wouldn’t it? We need thinning, hell, culling, in a most desperate way. Short of indescriminate pestilence or Hitlerian genocide, how better to thin the herd? The odd accidental death or act of nature claim the innocent as well, but as the herd gets it’s mean IQ up a few points, innocents will suffer less.

As for driving on pot? Please! Safest thing you can do behind the wheel is have a wee puff. This has been documented time and again by many a professional driver working the nasty Sea to Sky corridor, the Do or Die Highway. We can agree to disagree on this point, as I am sure neither of us can sway the other from his opinion. It’s a small point in a much larger and more important issue.

Why not just let those who choose to, grow their own little stash, and have some decorum about when and where to light up.

“I went upstairs and had a smoke and somebody spoke and I went into a dream…ahhhhhh ahhhhh ahhhhhhhh ahhhhhhhhhhhhh…”

Sweet dreams of home , eh?

Canadian troop in Afghanistan

Ohhhh……New Zealand chiming in with his “I hate America rant”……………don’t worry little fella, we love you too!!! Yes we do!!! Yes we do!!! You’re so cute and cuddly….we could love you to pieces!

Ohhhh……New Zealand chiming in with his “I hate America rant”……………don’t worry little fella, we love you too!!! Yes we do!!! Yes we do!!! You’re so cute and cuddly….we could love you to pieces![/quote]
Are you sure about that?

Ohhhh……New Zealand chiming in with his “I hate America rant”……………don’t worry little fella, we love you too!!! Yes we do!!! Yes we do!!! You’re so cute and cuddly….we could love you to pieces![/quote]
See…makes 'em real grumpy when its ‘seeds /n stems’ time.

What really depresses me is that Canada fell behind non-industrialized nations. How is it possible to smoke less bud than Ghana et al? Hell, they don’t even have potato chips.

How could semi-automated hydroponics and 5+ decades of selective breeding lose out to the sun and random pollination?

Ghana must have the most motivated stoners in the world. I guess they must have some really “up” sativas…

I bash on unthinking, kneejerk liberals as much as I bash on unthinking, kneejerk conservatives. But I really enjoy you and Vay both filling your daily quotas starting partisan threads in the IP forum, using blatantly left-wing or right-wing sources. What’s amusing is that neither of you perceive the irony in accusing the other of using nutty, unreliable, obviously biased sources. But keep it up, it is entertaining.

[quote]Read the news, a $195 million (est. street value) pot bust in Santa Barbara county recently. Looks its tied to MS 13 and the Mexican La Familia (Mafia) gang cartel.
Sorry to bust your Furry Freak Brothers mental image of peaceful hippies growing the herb just for their personal use.[/quote]

So you infer I subscribe to the peaceful hippies thing because I call the War on Drugs a War on Consumer Choice? That’s not very logical. I’m fully aware of gang involvement, but the only reason the gangs are involved is because our irrational, puritanical laws have created a thriving black market for them to take part in. Do away with the bad laws, and the black market goes with them.

[quote]And…personally, having been a participant in the so-called “WOD”, I have long been a vocal proponent of legalizing all drugs, controlling their growth/manufacture and taxing it.

Legalize it!..and tax it![/quote]

Agreed. But I stick to my earlier statement, which was a generalization, granted, but an accurate one in my opinion. “Freedom” is a buzz word most often heard from conservative Republicans, who apparently do not believe it applies to consumer choice.

I think the surprisingly accurate stereotype goes like this: Rightwing Americans believe in economic freedom, but not cultural freedom (an umbrella term including which covers lifestyle choices such as gay marriage, smoking dope, burning flags, watching Easy Rider, etc.), while leftwing Americans believe the opposite.