😷 COVID - Canada | Canada Opens Tourism to Travellers - Vaccine Reqs. to End

The Wegmans is in Ithaca. We were in horseheads.

1 Like

Well. CBSA is out of his jurisdiction.

I think you are erroneously assuming canadians are more intelligent than US citizens.

1 Like

7 posts were split to a new topic: Sustainability of Meat

Those damn US politicians are interfering in Canada’s internal affairs!

Jokes. But it’s good that the border might be opened soon.

1 Like

Date established.

How will border services determine the “fully vaccinated” part?

Guy

I guess ‘show me your vaccination card’

Ya, probably. perhaps the same as the yellow fever card? Does this exist for the ccp virus, or is it still not serious enough to warrant such actions?

Yeah when you get vaccinated, you get a card.

An update on entry current entry procedures

2 Likes

Some people have been traveling back and forth throughout with no quarantine…
(From what I read. Correct me if I’m wrong)
https://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/get-the-facts-no-cbc-radio-canada-s-president-does-not-live-in-the-united-states-861221816.html

Some people in border communities, for example students attending school in the other country are exempt from quarantine.

Is/was that a wise exception considering what happened to us?

It doesn’t matter. The polling already shows that despite absolutely BOTCHING the pandemic, the liberals are likely to win again. People are praising the vaccine rollout and amnesia has set in about Canada’s yoyo situation.

Even the Lambda variant is in Canada now. Canada’s quarantine system has absolutely failed and Canada blew past the point of no return long ago. They threw in the towel and all their hopes for vaccines. They had no other plan.

The only metric Canadians use is if they are doing better than the US.

3 Likes

There was a “system”?

It looked like a free-for-all to me.

Guy

1 Like

Try saying anything negative about the Trudeau government or its handling of the pandemic on r/Canada.

Watch the downvotes flood in.

I avoid that cesspool.

Nothing but high class forumosa for me. :thinking:

Guy

1 Like

An interesting situation in a place such a Port Roberts. ask all the doom and gloom subscribers for this virus to find a work around for those people that are in the US but locked in by ocean and a canadian border. Not an issue now, but a fun scenario. Not saying this tiny place deserves a country wide policy revamp based on them, but it shows a situation where our decision making can be rightfullly varied depending on specific scenarios rather than a one size fits all clusterphuck.

Or boats, but ya…

Wifey wants to visit
Our relatives in NYC and then visit Niagara Falls the Canadian side
I went once to the American side ……very sedate