Canada's new Taliban-booster says good Muslims 'love death'

network.nationalpost.com/np/blog … death.aspx

So… this is the state of Canada these days…

:doh: :doh:
So this is what a decade of talking about how much better we are than Americans instead of addressing our own problems will get us. Now our peace movement loves the Taliban. Great. That’s just great.

But wait…there’s more!

So, good Muslims love death. yep. Is this a message we want to send out? Does this work towards a more peaceful Canada? No and NO!

But wait, maybe Canada was unaware of his pedigree:

[quote]You’d never know any of this from the billing the Al-Fauz institute gives Tamimi. He’s presented as a Palestinian-born British academic and a “political activist.” His leading role with Britain’s Stop The War Coalition is noted. But nowhere does the institute mention that Tamimi is also high-ranking ideologue for Hamas, one of the deadliest organizations listed under Canada’s anti-terrorism laws.

[/quote]

Great. We have a Hamas operative leading the Peace movement in Canada.

ALL. IS. LOST.

:fume:

Your thoughts? There’s more alarming stuff if you follow the link but this is all I think anyone can stomach at one time.

I just think it’s over basically. We’ve got terrorists leading our anti-war movement. Let that sink in for a second. :astonished:

[quote=“Chuanzao El Ale Destroyer”]http://network.nationalpost.com/np/blogs/fullcomment/archive/2009/07/21/terry-glavin-canada-s-new-Taliban-booster-says-good-muslims-love-death.aspx

So this is what a decade of talking about how much better we are than Americans instead of addressing our own problems will get us. Now our peace movement loves the Taliban. Great. That’s just great.

But wait…there’s more!

So, good Muslims love death. yep. Is this a message we want to send out? Does this work towards a more peaceful Canada? No and NO!

[quote]You’d never know any of this from the billing the Al-Fauz institute gives Tamimi. He’s presented as a Palestinian-born British academic and a “political activist.” His leading role with Britain’s Stop The War Coalition is noted. But nowhere does the institute mention that Tamimi is also high-ranking ideologue for Hamas, one of the deadliest organizations listed under Canada’s anti-terrorism laws.

[/quote]

ALL. IS. LOST.

Your thoughts? There’s more alarming stuff if you follow the link but this is all I think anyone can stomach at one time.

I just think it’s over basically. We’ve got terrorists leading our anti-war movement. Let that sink in for a second. :astonished:[/quote]

Well, other than the fact that the article you link to makes absolutely no mention whatsoever of any Canadian anti-war or peace group…

[quote=“MikeN”][quote=“Chuanzao El Ale Destroyer”]http://network.nationalpost.com/np/blogs/fullcomment/archive/2009/07/21/terry-glavin-canada-s-new-Taliban-booster-says-good-muslims-love-death.aspx

But wait…there’s more!

[/quote]

ALL. IS. LOST.

I just think it’s over basically. We’ve got terrorists leading our anti-war movement. Let that sink in for a second. :astonished:[/quote]

Well, other than the fact that the article you link to makes absolutely no mention whatsoever of any Canadian anti-war or peace group…[/quote]

Well I’ll be damned… :blush:

He’s a darling on the University lecture circuit. You can bet your average college hippie won’t come out against him.

In anycase, we don’t need to be supporting people like this in Canada by giving them University positions. Look at this:

montrealgazette.com/technolo … story.html

[quote]Al-Qa’ida and its Canadian followers are as lethal as ever and plotting against us, Canada’s top spymaster says.

In the latest annual report from the Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS), its director, Jim Judd, warns that more than seven years after 9/11, “to become complacent or to spread a belief that Canada is immune from such threats could potentially have a tragic, devastating outcome.”

Islamist extremists remain the primary national security threat, especially homegrown cells, such as the alleged Toronto terror group arrested in 2006, says the new report, just tabled in Parliament.

“Homegrown cells will continue to develop and … attacks using a variety of tools, from firearms to explosives, will be planned in the hopes of executing such attacks within Canada,” it says.

The agency is concerned about the speed with which Canadians can be indoctrinated with Al-Qa’ida’s virulent anti-Western ideology.

It also raises a new concern: The radicalization process appears to be targeting much younger supporters.
Security officials in Britain say Al-Qa’ida recruits teenagers there as young as 15 and that other “self-radicalizing kids” have become more of a threat than professional terrorist operatives from overseas.

[/quote]

So yeah MikeN. my bad, he’s not the leader of a peace movement, and I sure am happy to be wrong on that count. It means there is still hope. But we j7ust should not be lending support to people who are oppen supporters of the Taliban, which he is. He advocates suicide bombings. And he is a professor. Why?

Why should he have a professorship?

I think Canada is committing suicide. We created a climate of hating the US, as joking as it may have been, it created a climate where terrorists who also hated the US could flourish and recruit more just like them.

ANd the peace movement isn’t helping. How long will it be before someone comes on tyhis thread and claims there is no terror threat to Canada and everything bad is caused by the CIA. ANd yet, here Canada is, paying someone to lecture University students in how “good Muslims love death”. That’s a cancer.

Okay, I’m not crazy.From en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azzam_Tamimi,

Here’s an excellent blog on why someone with a terrorist pedigree would have the red carpet rolled out for him in Canada:
transmontanus.blogspot.com/2009/ … mi-is.html

It’s just too long to quote and i don’twant to cherry pick, but if this topic interests you it’s a good read.

We are such dhimmis. :neutral:

That a Taliban booster became a prof isn’t surprising. These days any idiot who’s bored enough to sit through classes and write a bunch of endless papers can be a professor. Some school will hire you. Some idiot at my college was actually on the verge of becoming a full prof (or whatever the appropriate title was) despite incredibly racist views in everything he wrote until he finally managed to cross the line by suggesting a tornado hit one particular part of town because it was God’s wrath against that ethnic group.