Canada's Shady Business Dealings

Withdraw that last remark- the KMT historically belongs to the ‘pro-Boiling etc. etc…’ , even if lately they’ve come to rely more on sleaze.

Oh, I love Stronach! I loved her when she was a red Tory and now I love her as a blue Liberal!!! It’s enough to make me want to move back to Canada. This is the best thing that could have happened to us. WHAT A WOMAN.

I bet you would like to feast on her :wink: :laughing:

Curious, why do you think it is the best thing that could happen to Canada? Don’t you see her as a spoiled brat – having being given the CEO position at Magna by her daddy?

AFter she makes her millions and billions, she becomes a politician in Canada and is hungry for immediate power. When she realizes the Conservatives have lost their progressivism and that it will take a few years of hard work to move up what Disraeli called the “greasy pole of politics”(I’m sure she has used a greasy pole before :smiling_imp: ), she puts career and ambition over principle by dumping her party (there are still many Red Tories in the Conservative Party) and not informing her boyfriend of her decision. It proves one thing to me. Lots of people have money, but not too many have real class. She may have become the Minister of Human Resources, but considering what she did to MacKay – it is damn ironic.

This chick will become like Sheila Copps in a few years – a bloated champagne liberal that relies on family money to rock the boat. I just hope the same thing that happened to Sheila happens to her — she is given the boot for her shennanigans. I’m glad Stronach is out of the Conservative Party.

One thing that annoys me is the media spin. They say it just shows that the Conservative Party is run by old cornpone Reform Party people. That they chased her out of the party. I disagree. If the party wants to gain influence in Quebec, give francophones a viable alternative to Liberal sleaze or seperatism, then the party has to become more socially liberal and moderate. It will. Let’s not make Stronach’s jump more than it really was — naked ambition. And at 37 that won’t last for much longer. She is the Sheila Copps of the new millenium. I just hope some turk in the Conservative Party can come up with a memorable phrase to describe her (John Crosby’s famous tequila line for Sheila was quite witty.)

Since we

The Chicoms are buying more and more of Canada’s natural resource companies and the goddamn Liberals, at the provincial and Federal level, are more than happy to allow them free access. Shameful.

theglobeandmail.com/servlet/ … /Business/

[quote=“Chewycorns”]The Chicoms are buying more and more of Canada’s natural resource companies and the goddamn Liberals, at the provincial and Federal level, are more than happy to allow them free access. Shameful.

theglobeandmail.com/servlet/ … /Business/[/quote]

its just a paper mill company, maybe they are planning on having democratic elections soon and need to secure high-quality ballot fabrication facilities? :laughing: