Canadian fellow engaged to be married to Taiwan TV MC

sean

you must get a spotters fee surely?

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
HG

[quote=“Stray Dog”]Hartzell, I sent him your e-mail address.

Sean the Well-Connected[/quote]

Just goes to show, even the rich and well-connected can have stinky-ass vans and 2-dollar haircuts just like the common folk…

back home in oz dad would drop me at school in the ute so i wouldnt forget my (read HIS) roots…

Tell Rick to stop STARING at me, it’s freaking me out!!!

hes giving you the bedroom eyes… kind of like i do when i see you

At least his aren’t all bleary and unfocused…

At least his aren’t all bleary and unfocused…[/quote]

i had noticed that too, you alright? :slight_smile:

At least his aren’t all bleary and unfocused…[/quote]

I had noticed that too, you alright? :slight_smile:[/quote]

Who said that??

No, I met him at a party a couple of years ago. He’s not a teacher, [color=darkred]but it escapes me what exactly he does[/color]. He seemed like a decent enough guy. :idunno:[/quote]

Meeting the right girl of your dreams=$1000 airplane ticket

Keeping her hooked on you=$1000nt dinners

Being able to sit on your ass while she works,because she’s rich you know=Priceless

[quote=“Namahottie”]Meeting the right girl of your dreams=$1000 airplane ticket
Being able to sit on your ass while she works,because she’s rich you know=Priceless[/quote]
Well…it looks like you’ve sussed it out…

Like you’re a real master of the universe.

I’m sure this Chris guy is fine in person but his TV persona completely unnerves me. Someone give him a bottle of Valium.

[quote=“TainanCowboy”][quote=“Namahottie”]Meeting the right girl of your dreams=$1000 airplane ticket
Being able to sit on your ass while she works,because she’s rich you know=Priceless[/quote]
Well…it looks like you’ve sussed it out…[/quote]

Personally, I think Nama’ s statement is bullshit(no offense). While Chewy is just a poor working stiff, many of his close friends in Japan and BC aren’t. Maybe it is the Western Canadian and Asian work ethic vs. the Eurotrash and Eastern American or Canadian establishment entitlement laziness, but every single rich pal of mine met his significant other in a work-related situation. Every single one of the lasses has continued working in the same job independently of their husbands (one as an airline stewardess, another as a secretary, another as a social worker). I think staying at home being a lazy bastard, unless it is as a full time parent looking after a newborn (a tough full time job if there ever was one) will highlight the wealth and power imbalances in the relationship and could lead to some marriage problems down the road. However, this is just a personal opinion.

Never claimed to be. Although I do think I am right. :smiling_imp: I originally said that he probably teaches kindy, and like most connected Canadians in Taipei (heheheheh note the sarcasm here), is probably a bit of a clown. People responded that he is not a teacher. Maybe not, but I think those pics confirm he is a bit of a clown. Every foreigner in Taiwan is made to look stupid at some point [I acted as a semi nude gangster with a gun in a tv ad once here in Taipei] if they have stayed here long enough, but that pic really made the dude look like a teacher/clown, exactly what my first post said. :smiley:

[quote=“Chewycorns”][quote=“TainanCowboy”][quote=“Namahottie”]Meeting the right girl of your dreams=$1000 airplane ticket

Personally, I think Nama’ s statement is bullshit(no offense). [/quote]

How is it bullshit? It’s meant to be a joke. Go back and look at my original post.

[quote=“Namahottie”][quote=“Chewycorns”][quote=“TainanCowboy”][quote=“Namahottie”]Meeting the right girl of your dreams=$1000 airplane ticket

How is it bullshit? It’s meant to be a joke. Go back and look at my original post.[/quote]

Jokes often contain serious commentary. Of course I realized your post was a piss-take on the visa commercial, but I also assumed you MIGHT think that a majority of spouses with rich husbands are inherently lazy. I disagree with that perception.

[quote=“Chewycorns”][quote=“Namahottie”][quote=“Chewycorns”][quote=“TainanCowboy”][quote=“Namahottie”]Meeting the right girl of your dreams=$1000 airplane ticket

How is it bullshit? It’s meant to be a joke. Go back and look at my original post.[/quote]

Jokes often contain serious commentary. Of course I realized your post was a piss-take on the visa commercial, but I also assumed you MIGHT think that a majority of spouses with rich husbands are inherently lazy. I disagree with that perception.[/quote]

He is marrying a woman who has more money than him, I assumed, and Maoman stated in his post that he still couldn’t figure out what the guy did for a living(sic). Hence my piss-take on the visa commerical.

This thread isn’t about a woman marring a rich MAN but a man marring a rich WOMAN. :unamused:

The feminist in me would like to point out that the stereotype that a man should make more money than his woman is archaic and unhealthy.

Thank God! :bravo:

That is exactly the mistake I made when I got married - look where it’s gotten me now :slight_smile:

His name is Chris, and they are engaged. His fiance’s name is Huang Jia Chien/Pheobe. I spoke with him during the new year, and have worked with him many times over the past 5 years.
They are happy. I cannot give you his number, but I will relay any questions you may have. Take care, Mark