Canadian fellow engaged to be married to Taiwan TV MC

I really have to wonder about my countrymen and as to why so many are taking the piss on Canadians.

Makes me wonder about myself when I’m boozed up and this isn’t the first time I’ve heard this type of degradation towards Canucks. I’m also tired of defending against these thoughts and comments.

In one word: Frustrating.

I lost my sense of humor somewhere. Perhaps someone can help me find it?

We’ve run out of American jokes, and we’re quickly running out of Canadian jokes. Probably the Brits or Ozzies next, maybe the South Africans ?

Say what you want about the Brits; we have stiff upper lips.

[quote=“Ma Ke”]His name is Chris, and they are engaged. His fiance’s name is Huang Jia Chien/Pheobe. I spoke with him during the new year, and have worked with him many times over the past 5 years.
They are happy. I cannot give you his number, but I will relay any questions you may have. Take care, Mark[/quote]
Congratulations to them. My kids really like to watch those Chahu ABC videos.

So what is wrong with the marriage?

Did the waiter who married them in the restaurant only pretended to be the waiter and is really the delivery boy so the marriage is not legaly binding?

Bob Wonderbra

Does Chris still announce the English news on the Buddhist channel? Came across it once or twice. Wasn’t as good as FTV English news. Mostly Buddhist propaganda as I recall. But he carried himself OK.

I don’t know, but his “Taiwan something” show is still on. A bit hyper, but I don’t think I’m the target audience either.

I haven’t seen him on TV much recently. We filmed a Mahjong game show prior to the new year. He was hosting The Crazy Chris Show on YoYo TV for a while. The show has stopped filming, my children really enjoyed it, Chris pulled it off well.
I contacted him to do a couple obstacle course/sports shows, but he was heading back to the big C for a bit of R and R.
His wife to be is a very succesfull hostess and has asked me to do one of her shows. Chris is a very nice hardworking guy, he has been involved in many different facets hear in the Taiwan entertainment business. There’s always something in the works or on the back burner in this business for someone of his stature.
It would be nice to get some experienced foreign entertainers, Mandarin speaking, foreign TV personalities to do our own show.

I’d be so pissed off if some pretentious lawyer with a snooty avatar tried to advise me about something without me asking for it.

A Canadian in Taipei being rich and well connected? Isn’t that like tits on a bull? :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Maybe the chick is, but I would guess the guy teaches kindy. Maybe I am wrong here, but I usually am not when it comes to Canadians :roflmao:[/quote]

Yeah, you’re probably right.
He’s probably a loudmouthed prick too.
Oh, wait, I’m probably being hasty, we don’t know for sure that he’s from Calgary, do we???[/quote]

:laughing: :laughing:
As a fellow Canadian I salute you Sir, well done :bravo:

A Canadian in Taipei being rich and well connected? Isn’t that like tits on a bull? :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Maybe the chick is, but I would guess the guy teaches kindy. Maybe I am wrong here, but I usually am not when it comes to Canadians :roflmao:[/quote]

Oh, wait, I’m probably being hasty, we don’t know for sure that he’s from Calgary, do we???[/quote]

As a fellow Canadian I salute you Sir, well done :bravo:[/quote]

Canadian teachers espousing nationalism…dime a dozen in Taiwan, right? :laughing: :smiley:

Such solidarity…really touching…reminds me of a scene in a movie…

Those of us about to teach, we salute you :roflmao: You two should go out for some oysters and snails. :smiling_imp:

entertainment.big5.northeast.cn/ … 0421.shtml

Her in front, and her boyfriend below.

Her in front, and her boyfriend below.[/quote]

Thanks. Some interesting thumbnails on the right too. :stuck_out_tongue:

As a fellow Canadian I salute you Sir, well done :bravo:[/quote]

Canadian teachers espousing nationalism…dime a dozen in Taiwan, right? :laughing: :smiley:

Such solidarity…really touching…reminds me of a scene in a movie…

Those of us about to teach, we salute you :roflmao: You two should go out for some oysters and snails. :smiling_imp:

[/quote]

Uhh, well, let’s see, you were wrong about the guy getting married being a teacher…and you were wrong in assuming that I’m a teacher…
The expression “tits on a bull” is normally used to refer to something extraneous or useless (http://itre.cis.upenn.edu/~myl/languagelog/archives/001332.html), not, as you seem to be using it here, an unlikely or doubtful combination or characterisation…
So, you, know, it would appear that you actually are wrong, about a few things.
Don’t fret, though, you definitely have the loudmouthed prick thing down, you’re good to go on that one.

Oh yeah, you’re missing some punctuation there, too.
I know some teachers who might be able to help you out with a quick review.
Teachers who, you know, went to real University, not a tarted-up Ag School.
Just saying is all…

Her in front, and her boyfriend below.[/quote]

From the first paragraph of this article:

“New China Net June 2005 - According to Taiwanese media reports, in order to prove that he isn’t gay, Chris went out with Huang Jiaqian out of spite?! Yesterday in an interview with ‘Entertainment News’ on TVBS-G, A-Ya revealed that her first impression of Chris was that he was gay and that they fought for over a half hour over that. Because he couldn’t bear to have his sexual orientation questioned, he summoned up the courage to ask her out on a date.”

Considering how little I would trust a Taiwanese woman’s gaydar, that’s gotta sting.

I wasn’t wrong about him being a clown – if that is really him in the picture on the second page of this thread. :smiling_imp:

In my opinion, most Canadian teachers fit this description rather nicely, wouldn’t you say?

Well, I have to come down to your level :wink: I’ve heard you’re an airline steward for Air Canada. Broken English is easier for you to understand, right? :smiling_imp:

No thanks. Your mom has really bad body odor.

Boy, just remember who paid for your schooling. All those dimes I flicked at your mom – they paid for your public funded Canadian schooling.

:smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

[quote=“Chewycorns”][

[/quote]

Chewy,

I am a teacher and I work with many Canadian teachers and I can tell you with all honesty that the Canadian teachers I have worked with have never, ever worn diapers like the guys pictured above.

Though a couple of should have I suppose… :laughing:

I am an American, and I don’t understand comments bashing Canadians, teachers, Canadian teachers or any other nation or people as a whole. What is this world coming to when we can label every one based on the actions of an individual or the actions of his or her government?
How did this thread lead to questioning Chris’ sexuality? What a sad thing.
I’m married and it sucks, but I married her. Marriage is a bad thing, a disease. Kid’s are great, but marriage sucks, it’s wrong, buy a dog. We should be praying for Chris, and maybe he’ll have one of those happy marriages, if they do exist.

You just don’t understand Chewycorns culture.

[quote=“Ma Ke”]I am an American, and I don’t understand comments bashing Canadians, teachers, Canadian teachers or any other nation or people as a whole. What is this world coming to when we can label every one based on the actions of an individual or the actions of his or her government?
How did this thread lead to questioning Chris’ sexuality? What a sad thing.
I’m married and it sucks, but I married her. Marriage is a bad thing, a disease. Kid’s are great but marriage sucks, it’s wrong, buy a dog. We should be praying for Chris, and maybe he’ll have one of those happy marriages, if they do exist.[/quote]

That just about sums it all up for me right there. :bravo: