Canadian Income Trusts

Not sure if anyone on this board is Canadian, but you might want to look into investing in Canadian Income Trusts. These are like stocks except they pay fairly high distributions (not dividends). Quite a few are oil and gas stocks and some of them trade on US exchanges (PTF, ERF, PGH, PVX). Income trusts are also comprised of REITS, Pipe and Power Income Trusts, restaurantsbusiness trusts and lots of other things as well.

I live in Taipei and invest heavily in these. If anyone would like some advice please feel free to inbox me.

there are a few canucks here, quite to the ire of a squid i’m told … :wink:

why don’t you post some more info so that we get a better idea of what you are talking about. links wouldn’t hurt either.

thanks

[quote=“xtrain_01”]there are a few canucks here, quite to the ire of a squid I’m told … :wink:

why don’t you post some more info so that we get a better idea of what you are talking about. links wouldn’t hurt either.[/quote]
Why would any molluscs be opposed to canucks? That would be like bivalves being against cone snails.

If I’m understanding what he means, these are like gas leases in the U.S. A company buys the mineral rights to some patch of New Mexico desert, drills gas wells, and extracts the methane. The profits are paid out as dividends. The issues include what the future price of methane is, and how much more can be extracted. Unlike stock in a company, there is no value left over after the resource is fully extracted.

thank you sir, for the info. we’ll do more marine biology another time :smiley: