Canadian murdered in Yonghe

Maybe siding with the wife here

Just how many times do I have to tell foreigners here not to trust their wives of girlfriends about anything involving wacky backy. Best never to smoke wacky backy in this "country " but if you insist on it then at least dont tell your other halves if they are locals, sure she’s so cool with it now until …

Hi Brad, I would think at least 258 times, but I guess we can start a poll on that.

2 Likes

Taiwan is a “country”, now?

2 Likes

This used to happen so much it wasn’t even funny.
Pretty much anytime a foreigner got did for dealing weed, you could bank on it being because his local girlfriend/wife was pissed at him and ratted his dumb ass out.

2 Likes

I thought “Taiwan” was a “country”…

2 Likes

She could have been naughtier, and carried out a pre-emptive strike :wink:

Why do you put country in scare quotes? Last I checked, Taiwan is a country… well, maybe not according to Beijing, but stuff them.

Also, yeah, generally it’s not cool to keep secrets and do shady shit like deal drugs (and possibly act as an accomplice to murder) behind your wife’s back. Maybe she felt threatened by his lifestyle, who knows. Not saying she should dob him in or not, but don’t blame this on Taiwanese women like it’s so out of order or such a betrayal. Like @BiggusDickus said it’s not like having a late night at the pub, ffs.

She’d have to be pretty stupid to get married to this guy while basically understanding nothing about what type of person he is.

2 Likes

It happens.

People not really knowing who they’re getting married to is why there’s so many divorces.

2 Likes

Yep. There’s no cure for stupid. The lesson she’ll probably take from this is that all Africans are drug dealers.

1 Like

This whole thread revolves around stupid people and their ruinous stupid decisions. It’s like a Coen brothers movie.

An enterprising Forumosan should try pitching this to the studios. :sunglasses:

Anyone remember the DJ Chocolate fiasco?

2 Likes

Yep. He was a bit of a prick, but he got railroaded.

What’s this DJ thing?

There was plenty of talk of it here if you can find it

Are the media allowed inside the court room during a court case?

The ones we were talking about knew the deal all along, they just didn’t do anything about it until they got mad at the guys.
there was that one guy, back in the mid-90s, I think?
@the_bear and jonesie will probably remember him, he’d been dealing weed for a long time and his girlfriend knew all about it, and then she found out he had a wife (and kids??) in Thailand and she went mental.
She calls the cops and tells them to come over and she even shows them where his stash is up in the ceiling or some friggin deal.

1 Like