Canadian murdered in Yonghe

It says they are in solitary though ? Kept incommunicado.

Chen shui bian was kept in solitary as well for ages, wasn’t he?

Actually, I read through the article posted before and am not sure they are in solitary. It says they have not been permitted to contact their family but nothing else.

OK it’s not clear then.

I met Chen Shui Bien a month ago. Picture of health.

2 Likes

12 posts were split to a new topic: Your Opinion of Chen Shui-Bian

Wow, they must be Taike royalty. :grin:

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Temporary

All calls from inmates are recorded here, solitary or not. I know it well

:hushed:

3 Likes

Not just recording they listen in live too, sometimes interrupting conversations as they see fit ie if they feel something being talked about might be deemed as a bad influence on the detainee. Speaking in a language they do not understand is sometimes disallowed if they know beforehand you can speak Mandarin.

I guess that rules out phone sex. Harsh…

1 Like

He he he. I don’t know if that is the whole island’s prison system or just my “friend’s” one. For punishment they place you in a padded cell with a straight jacket and some other restraining devices and blast out Buddhist chants at high volume with the lights on 24/7 until you adjust your attitude.

1 Like

And people criticised the Americans for using rock music against Noriega.

Pretty sure the criticism came from it being Def Leppard, not rock music per se :wink:

3 Likes

The only band that got less worse after the drummer lost an arm.

1 Like

Please, fuckin Water Flat was never in actual prison, never mind fuckin solitary

I think my attitude would adjust pretty quickly

1 Like

I just posted recently some fuckin where on here about how I stumbled across an old video and how utterly surreal it was to see Ric drumming with 2 arms, I swear…:eek:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DMIITtj3G1c

Yeah, I’d take the Buddhist chants.

Uhhhhhhh Joe? What’s the deal on the hair then???