Canadian murdered in Yonghe

Or maybe he just got lucky and escaped? Don’t read into everything so much, Colombo.

Yep, that seems to be a possible outcome, too. Would be nice to know what led to his capture at this time, whatever the reason.

Rev. @finley can weigh in on this, but my money is on Manila’s finest not really giving a crap the first time and sending two coppers on a scooter to Oz’s hotel, while he was out, at which point they leave a card at the desk and go back to the station for a much-deserved nap.
Oz gets back from the bar and the night clerk gives him the card.
At which point he manages to “narrowly escape the dragnet”.

Meanwhile, PNP Chief Oscar “Bong Bong” Albayalde gets reamed by a couple of Daddy Doots’s underbosses, and the cops all get called to a big “OK, We’re Not Kidding This Time, You REALLY Have to Catch this Guy” meeting.
So then they actually go and grab his tattooed ass.

8 Likes

I imagine his return through CKS immigration will be quite speedy. No long lines for him.

And when he needs to go to the loo on the plane both coppers on either side need to go too. Like the three musketeers , one wants to go …all must go.

He needs to fill in on what exactly happened.

Maybe he’s going to say Bent did the killing and chopping and he was just there as a look out

1 Like

It’s going to be pretty lurid anyway. The main thing is the three main suspects have been arrested (but one mysteriously got bail WTF).

1 Like

Because he is a local. They want to make this a foreigner only story so they can say it’s the foreigners fault. Which in this case seems to be the case for once. If I was a prosecutor though I’d definitely find a way to also punish the guy who purchased the weapons.

But just like the kid found with the ammo in America the press will probably say “Oh he is just a victim. He didn’t understand. He is a good boy who still sleeps with his teddy!” Or some such crap.

That’s the thing that bothers me at times here - zero accountability. As a teacher I see where it all stems from. Mommy and daddy blame everyone when little Egelbert can’t read or write in English. “It’s the teachers fault! He can’t understand him or her.” No Miss, your son just isn’t that bright.

2 Likes

I do wonder, will he/they face the death penalty for such a crime or would they benefit from the I am a foreigner bonus ?

It’s probably a good idea to keep your WTFs close at hand, I have a feeling they’re going to get a lot of action as more and more Weird Tales come out on this case in the weeks to come

1 Like

He is Israeli also so they are probably itching to pull the trigger for him. If he had blue eyes he’d probably be on bail now. A black American and an Israeli American is basically a non human in their eyes. But I imagine they will jail them for a few years and then deport them back to America.

They won’t have the balls to shoot them. Well, it should also be mentioned that nobody here knows the full story either so it’s not really any good to play grand judge and executioner. Let the police and prosecutors do their job and what will be will be.

I’d certainly not take anything that dirty rag for a national newspaper writes as the gospel that’s for sure.

Yeah, I’d pull back a little on this rhetoric. You are way overstating the case. I have a few blue-eyed friends who have done decent stretches of prison time in Taiwan. In no way did they get preferential treatment.

It’s hard to detect but I’m saying this with tongue firmly in cheek. Though now I do wonder what social circles you could have mixed in to know such people! Mind you, this is a country where insulting someone’s pride or dignity can get you thrown in jail.

Ah, no. 20 years minimum.

Maybe we could run a sweep.

You most definitely do NOT want to know.

Anyways, the ROC will never, ever pop the cork on a foreign national.
Especially from heavy hitters like Da Stayts or Yisrael.

LOL. Seriously, where did you get that retarded prejudice from? from the same book that says that everybody hates the Chosen People just because they are better? xD

1 Like

You mother told you not to hang out with those guys, but you never listened to her.

Why would this idiot chose the PI? It has one of the worst, most overcrowded prison systems in Asia. Furthermore, we have seen what the President there thinks of drug runners, let alone murderers.

Why not an EU country such as Norway? That Brevik mass murderer is living in prison digs that are better than most Taipei residents. Realizing he was in a rush to leave, there still would have been better destination options.

2 Likes

Well it hasn’t caused me any troubles…I’m still out here taking care of business.

Now he´s got a point. You run to Filipinas if you only have the 2000 NTD on you that can pay for the 2am flight -which si teh one he took. If you run there, you make yourself scarse in the jungle or way far, far from civilization. Not a hotel in Manila.

They keep saying these guys are stupid but there is a limit, you know?

If they got the 100K the deceased had gotten put and supposedly taken to the rendevoux point, say they split it 50/50… and he has family in the States or Canada, where there is no extradition,… why oh why.

2 Likes

What did they do to do decent stretches in Taiwan? What is the prison system like here for a foreigner?

They make amazing joss sticks.