Canadian murdered in Yonghe

this offends the k-man

I only try and read Taipei Times now.

Bent and Wu were arrested late on Aug. 24, while Mayer early on Aug. 26 departed for Manila.

So Oz decided to leave after Bent was already arrested? I thought Oz split right after the murder. God damn Taiwan News, god damn k-man.

Indeed! The emphasis on the “foreign drug dealer/foreign English teacher” burdens my soul. Most Foreign English Teachers I know live simple lives, love their students, prepare diligently, and contribute to society in every way every other resident does (including paying taxes). The murdered man was not an English teacher. Why emphasize this in the “fake news” and perpetuate myths about foreign teachers. It’s disgusting.

4 Likes

Yeeaaaaaapp, pretty much :pensive::thinking:

1 Like

Sick T shirt.:+1:
Think he gets to keep it??

2 Likes

He wears it well. :nail_care:

73 posts were split to a new topic: Are teachers teachers?

I envy the vest of the guy to his left

Anyone with a bit of a rational mind would feel a bit skeptic after reading those “facts”.

1 Like

‘Undisclosed rooftop in Yonghe’

K-man exclusive

4 Likes

Should probably also avoid “Canadian”, and “murdered” since it’s rather offensive. We don’t even know for a fact that said person was murdered - it could have been an accident. “Yonghe” also seems to be a rather subversive attempt to implicate all the folks of that fine district. Can you please change it to:

Individual found deceased near body of water

1 Like

He accidentally lost his head, legs and arms?

For consistency, the other thread can probably be:

Individual encountered sharp object near body of water

2 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmInkxbvlCs

As an aside doesn’t this thread have just about anything ? The scope outside the actual incident is bewildering. Covers just about all aspects of expat life in Taiwan .

I mean I can’t even begin to list the subjects covered …but some high lights include pizza made from two corn tortillas , drug mule dogs, the legal aspects of buying knives , rooftop grass, a whole cornucopia , virtually an encyclopaedia of things. Almost a required read for any Indian Canadian or half jaimaican or half Israeli person intending upon cultivating an interest in Taiwan .

Uh where was I? I’m lost… we have gone way beyond the original grisly alleged murder

I say alleged loosely, I’m pretty sure he was murderered.

So when does Oz return to explain his side of the story?

2 Likes

2 Likes

Where’s that parrot…in answer to China taking
Hey where’s the bleepin quote button?

B-but I was laughing along with your joke, why you gotta be so mean.

1 Like

No I love it I was commenting on your equally funny thing about China taking English teachers to the phillippines. Couldn’t find the quote button

1 Like

https://youtu.be/_290em4KkHA

To add more off topic stuff

Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte announced last month that his Chinese counterpart, President Xi Jinping, had agreed to welcome more Filipino workers, with an initial plan of hiring 2,000 English-language teachers in 2018. The new, three-week-old policy change by China has long been sought after by the Philippines and is still in its infancy.