Canadian murdered in Yonghe

It is one of the first joint PI-Taiwan extraditions (they are not that common). With the Taiwanese love of ceremony, I am not surprised one bit at the show here.

For those of us that can afford to chip in, I think we should hire Brian Funshine to sing the Hatikvah at the trial. http://brianfunshine.com/ He (Oz) ain`t gonna see the Promised Land for a long, long, long time.

1 Like

He would be considered equally guilty of first degree murder in the US I believe

For standing watch

Yip and rightly so. Accessory to murder is the same thing sentence wise.

Would there be a connection with the sat news vans (5) and Schlomo at the CIB today?

No sign of him yet, news vans (6 now) are still there, which has happened only sporadically.

Nice snapseed work :sunglasses:

Snap who?

What gave it away, the frame?

Are you sure this photo was taken today? Looks like these vans were there in the 70s.

They probably are from the 70’s! :rofl:

On the street there is a VW satellite van parked.

That particular frame always gives it away.

They are hoping he will crack before primetime.

It gets busy, 7 sat vans now and reporters outside. No sign of him yet.

Darn, I missed the grand finale, the moment they put him in the car. I didn’t have my cam ready, but I saw it live.

ROLF.

You mean at the photo or the headline?

What is sad here is that drug traffickers get harsher sentences than these murderous folks. Life in Taiwan means 20 years with parole possible in 10. That is less time than a lot of foreign dealers.

I am amazed that anyone would actually believe that this case has any sort of traction beyond the island.

Are you serious?

In the meanwhile, there has been 2 executions in Taiwan since 2016.

5 Likes

I meant individual persons on death row are often not executed for decades while various appeals are progressing. Not that the USA has not had executions for decades.

An individual sentenced to death in the USA today usually has several decades before the sentence will be carried out , if ever. Except maybe in Texas.

Not an authority on this in any way, just from what I gather.

I understand your point, now. What’s really odd about the death penalty in the USA is it takes an age to get from conviction to execution, and the methods used are incredibly inhumane because doctors refuse to take part. Taiwan’s better in the latter respect with the shot to the heart.

You paste in a screen cap of the article but no link???

Is this you???

2 Likes