Canadian murdered in Yonghe

Guess this post is a bit outdated…

The food looks pretty good, but the chef seems a little off.

I think there would be fireworks in the toilet after eating that. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I’d like to hear his side of the story.

Speculation
Maybe it went like this. We are going to scare him to stop him ratting out others. You are on the list too cos you bought from him.(this is why I ALWAYS tell folks don’t bother with illegal drugs in Taiwan look at the shit you can get dragged into even for just cannabis). You will light the fireworks and act as the lookout with the other guy.

Maybe on the way they called him to ask for the petrol , that’s easy to verify.

He might be afraid to admit to the cops even his partial involvement .

Anyway it’s something that I don’t think a real family man would get mixed up in knowingly. But hey these guys weren’t geniuses.

Probably the army buddy background thing was why they knew each other and hung out.

The whole thing doesn’t make a whole lot of sense but it happened!

It could even have been as he said we have a bunch of fireworks and we are going to go hangout and drink beers…Wouldn’t be my thing but maybe they are buds…

Anyway the Wu guy is way deeper involved buying machetes and he’s walking around now.

1 Like

The suspect, a 46-year-old English teacher named Jason Eugene Hobbie, was arrested in his sleep yesterday morning

IN HIS SLEEP
The absolute nerve of the Taiwan Police

2 Likes

This is the first I have heard about the clothing angle.

Police intend to indict Hobbie as accessory to murder, Lin said, adding that Hobbie was allegedly instructed to buy gasoline and fireworks, and then helped burn the bloodied clothing of the other two suspects.

The police won’t be happy until every big nose foreigner is connected to this case and safely behind bars.

1 Like

It does seem highly improbable that Hobbie would have remained in Taiwan if he had been involved.

The police have nicked everyone who worked at the same buxiban.

You, not me, I’ve connections within CIB!

OI LAD, WHICH BUSHEBAN YOU BE WERKKIN AT?
BEETTA NOT BE SELLING A WE’ BIT OF DRUGS! YE EAR!

IS THAT PETROL IN YE POCKET?
BETTA NOT BURN ANY EVIDANCE M8!

1 Like

It’s that serious? Now I wonder if the people I work with will get me in trouble.

Because the alleged bloody clothes have not been found. They are not seen in the videos of the suspects walking away from the deed to buy «celebratory beers» … as we’ve been told by cops/press.

First theory was that the blood must be seen in the backpack one of them carried. Obviously changed a la Superman.

See the problem? Please refer to my previous post on this matter.

Just a reminder:

As per Taiwan’s law, if you are at a party or in someone’s place, and even a slight minuscule portion of drug is found - say, a dead twig of a long forgotten cannabis plant- is found, you too will be arrested and or deported. Yes, just for being there.

Kind of limits social interactions as who can vouch 100% for acquaintances?

So if you go to a club and someone there you’ve never interacted with has drugs, you could be kicked out?

Well if there is a raid and drugs are found, I think everyone gets a tour of the local station.

I remember once going by a club and they had every one sitting outside, lined up for pat down.

This seems absurd.

So I go to brass monkey , sit at the bar. And some other guy at a table across the room has weed on him, for whatever reason gets caught, and I’m on the hook?

I don’t think what he says is correct, it doesn’t make any sense.

1 Like

No, you may well be brought down to the station and tested though if they do a raid.

1 Like

Areyou saying…an accomplice dumped the clothes?
Possible, or possible they brought a chance of clothes in the backpacks.