Canadian murdered in Yonghe

There was no murder involved in the ATM hacking.

This case drags on because they are probably figuring out the exact involvement of the tw guy and any others and pretty sure they have the two killers…who will be given long prison terms …so there is no rush

P.s. I don’t think they will be sentenced to death because Taiwan likely doesn’t want all the negative international attention this will attract and the fact that the murdered party was involved in criminal activity.

Granted the guilty may deserve capital punishment and the one murdered was involved in what may be considered minor criminal activity by US and Canadian standards

Pps obviously those who did the crime must now do the time and they should not have done the crime. The one murdered didn’t deserve to be killed .

3 Likes

They just had a couple who tortured their child and killed him by scalding him with hot water sentenced to 10 and 12 years only. I would think those deserved life sentences but that is just my opinion. Still, it took them about a year to finalize the sentence as the couple kept appealing, all the way to the Superior court.

They were indicted yesterday.

2 Likes

How cruel !

And not the first case this year. In a previous one, they starved the kid and hid the body, then lied about what happened.

Here’s the latest:

Two indicted for murder, two for aiding and abetting.

1 Like

Yep lots of these cases get little attention in English language media.

So Taiwanese are more concerned about their reputation than the actual crime.

Because prosecutors believe that the cruel means all four suspects used to murder and dismember Ramgahan had a negative impact on Taiwan’s societal and international image, they requested the court to impose the heaviest penalties possible.

5 Likes

It’s all about face!

2 Likes

Because prosecutors believe that the cruel means all four suspects used to murder and dismember Ramgahan had a negative impact on Taiwan’s societal and international image

:smile:

they requested the court to impose the heaviest penalties possible.

Sounds like the bullet

They wouldn’t dare…

Yeah, executing foreigners by firing squad isn’t exactly good optics for an ex-dictatorship.

I told my buddy who lives in China about this case.
He was shocked…I think this case is very little known so Taiwan can REST ASSURED it’s GOOD NAME as THE LAND OF HOOKERS and PAD THAI will be maintained !

1 Like

Wow, the hamburger dude is getting charged with abetting. I think someone should go to court playing this song in the audience. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kOVvVyTam8

All I can say from this is…choose your friends carefully , especially when you are far from home and family.

1 Like

Friends? They were interrogating their coworkers, neighbors and any pale face in the vicinity…

2 Likes

Well in this case you have supposed friends who killed their friends. Friends who dragged other friends into murder plots . How well did they know each other…and what the hell was everybody thinking. I don’t know.
One man is dead from a heinous crime, many others have ruined their lives and impacted their families badly.

I have a hard time understanding what the chef guy was doing getting mixed up in all of this for instance.

Probably many were acquaintances and not friends…I’ve had acquaintances here who later I found out I didn’t know well at all (fairly serious drug use, hidden sexuality, bipolar…You name it). Lucky I didn’t get wrapped up in any schemes of theirs (not saying their were all schemers but in hindsight they were dishonest people ).

1 Like

Dammit it Janet, guilty on all counts. :banana::banana::banana:

1 Like

There are a lot of, ahem, characters among expats. It pays to be cautious.

1 Like

having bipolar is hardly being dishonest is it?