Canadian - need a degree to work?

A Canadian asked me if he needs a Uni. degree to get a job teaching English here. He has 2 College diploma’s and a Tesol certificate (or something like that).

Can he get a legal work permit here, outside Taipei city?

Mr Ke.

If they are college diplomas from four-year schools, yes.

If he has a College Diploma from a 3 year course + TEFL yes he can get an ARC in Taoyuan County

What about 2 two year diploma’s? 2+2=4 One specialist diploma

2 years with a recognised school plus a recognised TESOL will do the trick, but you’ll have no way fo knowing what is ‘recognised’. Only thing to do is try contacting the Ministry of Education.