Canadian Politics/News

Forumosa, in its current form, would not be the same without it.

Forget a few years ago, how about a few posts ago!

Guy

Apropos of nothing much …

In 2019 euthanasia accounted for about 5000 deaths/year. In 2021 it was 10,000ish. The article takes a rather different tack, but I’m wondering if this has something to do with the pandemic-era failure of health services in general to spend time and money on anything other than COVID.

1 Like

Ontario’s population could grow by more than six million over the next two decades. Will we have the infrastructure to accommodate the boom?

Is anywhere in canada taking infrastructure serious? I mean, as fucking terrible as taiwans corruption is, at least projects are finished usually and people get on. I remember a few roadways building overpasses, shoulders etc (aka easy stuff) near Victoria. I went back to visit every 2 years way back when, on the third visit they were resuming and finishing lol. I see the same retarded stuff people complaining about now. my moms community keeps having garbage truck repairs (regional district) then some dude with a Ford pickup going around picking it up just fine.

I am not saying canada is third world, at all. But certain things are starting to have many more parallels. Seems mostly based on lack lustre humans.

Sometimes I feel like Canada is a fish in a bucket just waiting to be shot. I really lack the intelligence to be able to comprehend certain aspects of that country. Really has gone down hill…and it ain’t all Trudeau’s fault, even if he is a twat.

1 Like

The whole world, isn’t it?

Canada must be doing some things right to have that growing population, though.

It certainly seems so, ya. But this thread is about Canuck town.

Ya, it’s called their neighbours are shittier lol. That doesnt necessarily mean Ontario is killing it.

To be fair, there is still some wholesomeness :slight_smile:

Lots of empty space—do not give too much credit

Seems that lots of people think moving to Ontario is a good idea. I prefer Taiwan, but if I had kids I’d prefer Ontario. Not the horseshoe, maybe Peterborough

Russia also has lots of space, some credit is due

You recently asked me if I was selling my stuff if china came and attacked. Well, the more I check back home the more I think rolling the dice with china is preferable haha. Done my family rounds of phone calls for the week and checked into Canada facebook account. Always reaffirms my decision to make a life in Taiwan :innocent:

And I -used to be- a green voter and supporter.

Yeah, as much as a few people make a big deal about the imminent invasion, if it was a fait accompli we wouldnt all still be here

A post was merged into an existing topic: Food inflation, local trend or worldwide?

Now the question is, are Canadians so tired of the Liberal government that they will go this far?

1 Like

And the answer right now is, maybe

Post-Harper, the Conservative Party can rack up the votes but not the seats to form government. The climate change denialism in the party (as well as other socially conservative positions) has little appeal in Quebec. And in the Canadian parliamentary system, it’s very hard to form government without doing decently in Quebec.

HOWEVER: with inflation roaring away, and costs spiralling up, who knows if this yappy populist will break the trend? I think it’s up to the Liberals now to:

a) somehow address the cost problems in Canada; and
b) keep hammering home how the socially conservative positions of this party, including on climate, do not represent what Canada is all about.

We shall see . . .

Guy

1 Like

Barring an unlikely no confidence vote, don’t the liberals still have 3 years before a mandatory election? Let’s see indeed!

1 Like

I detest the conservative Tory d bags, equally as much as I detest the liberal party. My god, i worry about canada over the years. Not that i think the NDP, Green etc parties are particularly amazing, but feel obligated to vote for them to avoid the 2 party monstrosity we see at our southern border.

1 Like

I don’t know where to put this but there’s a Canadian Chamber of Commerce in Taiwan pool party today at the Shangri-La Hotel.

7th floor pool not the rooftop

A family member sent me this: