Canadian vs American Characteristics

I’ve had conversations with God knows how many different people on this subject and well…it’s fun.

List the differences between these two nations as you see fit.

http://www.canada4life.ca/videos/11.mov

One trait I admire in Americans and, I think, sets them apart from us Canucks (generally) is their entrepreneurial drive. Canadians still cling to feudal values IMO. Most people back home talk about getting one stable career job and sticking with it for life; it’s most ideal if that job is in a government ministry. Americans, on the other hand, seem more willing to make radical changes in career paths, even later in life, and break out on their own more often. Canadians could learn from that.

Monster, I’ve just spotted a trend in your posts this afternoon as I am half English and half Canadian (although not the right half so can’t get a passport) anyway was interested in both threads and I think you may be being just a tad naughty?

Anyway everyone knows Canadians all want to be American and are pissed that they aren’t!

A Canadian friend once told me Canadians are decaffeinated Americans.

Self deprecating humor is the best characteristic in my book.

[quote=“M0NSTER”]I’ve had conversations with God knows how many different people on this subject and well…it’s fun.

List the differences between these two nations as you see fit.[/quote]

Canadians troll more.

Canadians have these horns see…

I can honestly say that I find Americans as my brothers in Arms. I think that was passed down to me from my family but that being said, I find Americans unable to see their own difficulties and are completely oblvious to themselves and others they ‘occupy’.

Americans have no sense of humor when it comes to themselves. Having said that; here in Taiwan, I’ve met a load of Americans that are hilariously fun and down to earth. On the other hand and sadly, the Canadians I’ve associated with in Taiwan are truly pricks. The Canadians I’ve met overseas are not nearly as Canadian as people back home but merely living off our reputation and in the process destroying it.

[quote=“the chief”][quote=“M0NSTER”]I’ve had conversations with God knows how many different people on this subject and well…it’s fun.

Canadians troll more.[/quote]

ah come on…have some fun with it. I’m inciting discussion not ignorance. In fact, I’m doing the complete opposite by creating dialog. Fack YEW.

[quote=“ralphy”]A Canadian friend once told me Canadians are decaffeinated Americans.

Self deprecating humor is the best characteristic in my book.[/quote]

Right. I figure Canadians can sit there and point fingers at themselves when it’s deserved then sit back and throw back a cold one. As for all of the generalizations? Well, that’s what these threads are for. To get rid of them and open up conversations regarding difference. I don’t want to be labeled at a drugdealin Canuck even though my ‘hollywood’ image would project me as such.

That’s where I draw the line yet have to deal with it. Hence…these threads.

I can’t tell the difference, I’m afraid. In fact, very often even if you tell me the name of your hometown I’ll not be able to tell, unless its like New York or Vancouver or something.

[quote=“M0NSTER”][quote=“the chief”][quote=“M0NSTER”]I’ve had conversations with God knows how many different people on this subject and well…it’s fun.

Canadians troll more.[/quote]

ah come on…have some fun with it. I’m inciting discussion not ignorance. In fact, I’m doing the complete opposite by creating dialog. Fack YEW.[/quote]

:flog: :snore: :wanker:

ah come on…have some fun with it. [/quote]

I think he was. :wink:

I think he was. :wink:[/quote]

Canadians have shitty senses of humah.

:laughing:

Canadians drive cars like this: digidoo digidoo digidoo.

Americans drive cars like this: boopadoo boopadoo boopadoo.

:homer:>>> It’s so true. We’re so lame!

I think he was. :wink:[/quote]

He’s succeed in getting me to the point where I throw bottles out the window and become so enraged that I’d like to fish hook his sorry ass…damn…wait…nm…violence? Canadians? Nononononononono…we’re passive and smoke weed all damn day while recieving a handjob from some smilin blonde. Heck come to think of it…twas my buddys’ sis!

puff puff give

Americans don’t start threads about the difference between them and Cannucks, but Canadians do.

Yes but ya sure as hell like to point shit out, don’t cha? You do realise that most people with an IQ above 95 can feel words conveyed in anger, right?

Damn it! My “Anger-Stealth Keyboard Shield” is down.

Hollywood tight casts Canadians as Drug Dealers? I guess I’m more out of the loop than I thought.
or do you mean Taiwanese think of you as drug dealers - from confused in Taipei

Damn it! My “Anger-Stealth Keyboard Shield” is down.[/quote]

5 Rosaries for YOU! God damn you for kissin your cousin! You Missouri HETHEN!