Canadians looking to transition to public schools

I’m an American working in a public school here (also got in with the easy sub license after several years in cram schools), and I’m doing the Moreland licensing program now.

Moreland doesn’t actually grant you a degree, they just fulfill the teacher education coursework and practicum requirement for state licensure. Once you finish the Moreland program you then take the praxis test in your content area and use the results of that + the Moreland coursework to apply directly to the state education board for licensure.

So what you get in the end is absolutely accepted by the MOE, because it’s the same professional educator license that everyone gets.
I checked with a contact of mine in the MOE to check about this too before I did the program.

However, if you ever want to return to teach in Canada, I’ve heard that it’s impossible to transfer a US state teaching license to Canada. I believe in Canada you need the whole B.ED degree to get it.

You can, however, transfer your US license to full QTS status in the UK, which is also accepted by the MOE/international schools and never expires. So if you just want to stay teaching internationally that path would work. That’s what I plan to do.