Canadians: Would you go to war if you were asked?

It does if you’re a Muslim and the guy you’re beating up is a Jew.

What would the maximum age be in Canada?

But you’ll be happy stand by and watch in safety, protected by those who do serve …all the while feeling oh so morally superior.

I salute you sir. A real credit to your species.

:notworthy:

Just like George Bush, nut job Cheney, John Howard, and Tony Bliar, etc

Cake, where and when did you serve?

Serve for that Bullshit? Are you trying to paint a John Wayne picture of the military here?

I repeat:

Mmm you’d have all that depleted Uranium to look forward to, while the slugs in office plan your next move getting fat off the profits…
If you were injured on the field, good look with your medical assistance. They’d want to cut you off ASAP.
Good look with your body armour.
etc etc etc.

Snitch on a fellow soldier who you just saw rape and murder a young girl, watch your hide for a stray bulllet etc etc
Become a brainwashed goon who has to do what he is told or else.

Written almost 100 years ago and it could have been written last week.
War is a racket by Smedley Darlington Butler:

“I spent 33 years and four months in active military service and during that period I spent most of my time as a high class muscle man for Big Business, for Wall Street and the bankers. In short, I was a racketeer, a gangster for capitalism. I helped make Mexico and especially Tampico safe for American oil interests in 1914. I helped make Haiti and Cuba a decent place for the National City Bank boys to collect revenues in. I helped in the raping of half a dozen Central American republics for the benefit of Wall Street. I helped purify Nicaragua for the International Banking House of Brown Brothers in 1902–1912. I brought light to the Dominican Republic for the American sugar interests in 1916. I helped make Honduras right for the American fruit companies in 1903. In China in 1927 I helped see to it that Standard Oil went on its way unmolested.”

If people refused to enlist and fight these wars, there wouldn’t be any.

fortunately, i dont have to make this decision as my body has made it for me, as an arthritis sufferer i would be exempt from the army, as i would not be able to fulfill the physical obligations…

that being said, my uncle has served in the RCAF his entire life, and has recently retired at the rank of Lt. Col., and if i was able I would follow his footsteps and enlist in the air force, which would be more of a safety & rescue role than the front line soliders from the army would be…

it is your obligation as a Canadian citizen to rise up and defend your country, the problem is that in this world defense of your own country rarely happens on the soil you’re trying to protect…

as others have said, there would have to be a grave & direct threat to Canada for many Canadians to enlist

Cake…pleaseBe A Man. Come on…you can do it.

Why don’t you just say “No, I haven’t served and I never will because I don’t [i]really[/i] care about anyone or anything except myself…and I’m scared…”

At least then you’d be honest.

Have you considered the possibility that people who wouldn’t serve actually DO care about others? And because we do care, we won’t go out and start killing them.

Make the generals, presidents, prime ministers, arms dealers etc fight on the front lines. Then see how many wars get started.

I think Roger Waters summed it up best in the song “Bravery of Being Out of Range”.

Military service is a scary thing. You’re being trained to kill people who are going to do their best to kill you. Some, if not all, of your friends are going to die, and maybe you right along with them.

And if you make it home, your mind is scarred for life. I know, my father was a scared 19 year old, when he waded ashore on D-Day. Wounded twice. He came home alone, all his friends were killed, he witnessed many of the deaths, and one even died in his arms. I lost count how many times during my childhood I was awakened by my father crying out for help in his sleep. Yeah, it’s a scary thing alright.

I’m not going to play the patriotism card, that’s a cop out. As a citizen of a country it is your responsibility to support and aid your country. There are many ways to do so. My father never killed anyone, he was a stretcher bearer, he carried the wounded off the battlefield. Ask yourself how you can support your country and those who are fighting. I’m not talking about the war profiteers, I’m talking about the scared grunt in the front line, what will you do for him? Call him a baby killer? Burn a flag? Make an avatar of GW Bush flipping the bird?

[quote=“cake”][quote=“Doctor Evil”][quote=“cfimages”]I’m not Canadian, I’m Australian.

But if I were Canadian (or if the same question applied to Australians), my answer would be no. Not even if hell froze over.

I will not go out and commit murder (which is what war really is, albeit in a sanctioned way).[/quote]

But you’ll be happy stand by and watch in safety, protected by those who [i]do[/i] serve …all the while feeling oh so morally superior.

I salute you sir. A [i]real[/i] credit to your species.

:notworthy:[/quote]

Just like George Bush, nut job Cheney, John Howard, and Tony Bliar, etc[/quote]…and Cake.

I’m terrified of it all.
Oh I’ll be a man if I enlist?
I’ll feel so masculine and tough. In a few years when the DU has started to take effect and the government has washed their hands of me, I’ll feel good knowing ‘I am a man’.
I’ll look in the mirror every day, telling myself this.

I was warned about people like you in school.

"If he said put your hand in the fire, would you do it?’

My grandfather who fought in WW2. Told me it’s is all bullshit.

He said the government can stick his medals up their arses.

It’s got nothing to do with being ‘a man’

Your John Wayne attitude is almost funny.
Why do you support a load of chickenhawks?
Bush got paw to have him booze his way through his time in the military in the safety of america.

Only a fool would enlist. They don’t benefit, big business benefits.

Major Butler’s words should be read out to anyone who is thinking of serving.
I’ve even had members of my family consider enlisting, luckily I talked them out of it, by showing them how much help they’d get if they were seriously injured. I didn’t even have to go into the reasons they’d be occupiers.

As the Clash said:
‘Are you taking orders, or are you taking over?’

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]
Just like George Bush, nut job Cheney, John Howard, and Tony Bliar, etc[/quote]…and Cake.[/quote]

I can go to the grave knowing I didn’t drop napalm on any innocent people.

There is no glory in war.

You are set up by your leaders who play you like a deck of cards.

Or some would say dumbshits.

Wow for someone that has never been in the military cake sure knows a lot about the military. You certainly have our number. Anything else you would like to enlighten us about? How about other occupations that you never have actually done? Please try to keep at that high intellectual level like all soldiers are rapists and morons, bush bad, and blood for oil. Don’t try to convince us with an argument that has substance.

So no-one is allowed to have an opinion now then?

Watch this and give me your opinion on enlisting:

beyondtreason.com/

You can watch the whole film on google video.

Not if you get your opinion off the back of a box of Frosted Flakes.

And your opinions would suit the walls of a crapper at a full capacity decrepid stadium.

Is [i]that[/i] your best comeback???

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: