Cancel Culture Victims

That stinks!

2 Likes

Pepe Le Pew is the mascot/champion of sexual harassment.
tenor
51a229546592424271535c42ede7077f
b7f62832b23f52675804020ab61176cb
giphy

Itā€™s not ā€˜cancel culture run amok,ā€™ as some news outlets and their audiences will tell you,ā€ he says. ā€œThis is just the beginning of the conversation.

Heh, heh. I think we are all well-aware now that there is no longer any conversation to be had. What they want cancelled will be cancelled.

1 Like

The ā€œconversationā€ is always one-sided and prone to yell down any dissents.

3 Likes

27 posts were split to a new topic: From Cancel Culture

I just moved all the stuff about rape to flame, I donā€™t think most people will be wanting to read all that and perhaps back to the topic of Cancel Culture.

2 Likes

Iā€™m disappointed he apologised.

Nobody apologises when they call someone a racist or a fascist.

4 Likes

Yep- if he believed in what he said, he should have stood by it. The Dixie Chicks could have given this guy a lesson in courage:

Maybe he cared more about his band mates and his bottom line than a guy who looks like a target at a milkshake throwing festival?

1 Like

I think it takes a lot of courage to apologise in some situations. However, I see no reason why he needed to for praising a book. That should open up a debate on the book, not shut debate down.

In cases where said people really are racist and fascist, does it require an apology?

And when youā€™re facing a foaming mob of imbeciles out for blood, it seems like a no-brainer

You can say that again!

touche. thought i should add, i see them on the other side of the coinā€¦

The foaming starts around climate change details, by the time we get to the regressive left shouting everyone is racist and facist imbecility sets inā€¦

Some people always feel compelled to add that ā€˜other sideā€™ thing. Because thereā€™s very good people on both sides.

see above, try some ketchup with your hat this time. i feel compelled to add a remind that i have moved from the left to the centre thanks to the regressive left

Iā€™m somewhere in the green or orange range on the chart. Not sure where youā€™d place yourself.

Not even in that simplification of a chart I can find my place. So bad! Maybe Iā€™m politically schizophrenic, I have apparently contradictory, incompatible positions in different topics.

BTW, this got removed yesterday when the moderators decided that ā€œrape cultureā€ discussions had no place here:

A month ago or so I was asked to provide examples of cancel culture. I found it so bizarre that some people really seem to need example of thisā€¦ especially Americansā€¦?

A typically ridiculous and leading question. Trying to win something again?