Canceling contract before it starts

So my contract ends July 21st and my supervisor kept on rushing me to renew my contract with them, so me being easily pushed to do something I signed it. But now I’m regretting signing it again (I found out they are doing illegal things and I’m not getting the money I have earned). Is there anyway I can legally end my new contract before it starts? I don’t want to leave Taiwan I just want a better job.

If they are not paying you money earned then they have already broken the contract.

4 Likes

I remember having seen a similar thread a year ago, hope it helps.

2 Likes

So what can I do about the new contract I have signed

Do you have any evidence of their wrongdoing?

1 Like

No annual leave, they make me clock in and I have to stay in school and prepare for classes but im not paid for this. they ask me to clock in an hour early and sometimes between classes I have an hour or an hour and a half but I can’t necessarily go out, if I do it too much they complain. So I basically have to stay in school and act busy

Then don’t go in 1 hr early. Go in five minutes early. Leave during your hour long breaks. What are they gonna do? Fire you? lmao. You don’t even want to be there anymore.

Then get your 6 month looking for job ARC extension.

If you hate it and want out, why do you care what they think?

Also, which county or special city you live in?

2 Likes

but what about my new contract that I have signed? I got the work permit from the ministry of labor as well. I have till 21st when I officially start my new one and if I can I want to tell them to rip it up

yuanlin

What @Marco said!

Dude, give these people an inch and they will take a mile. Remember, they made the decision to only pay you for class-time - so don’t let them guilt trip you into unpaid things you ‘ought to’ or ‘should’ do.

3 Likes

The people who give the best advice are the ones who are at the Labour Board at the Changhua County Hall and get their advice as well. They might be able to rip up the contract for any illegal provisions inside.

Change your ARC to your new job first.

I mean, if they get pissy about you coming in 5 minutes early… I guess this is every working man’s dream to have the opportunity to give that snarky ‘Go ahead and fire me. I dare ya.’ lmao.

I wanna say put in your two weeks but I need to get more info or if anyone else can expand on that then…

Tealit has this article.

Well just I fucked up and got pressured into signing the contract and just found out from my gf they’re fucking me apparently, she studied taiwan law a bit so she is pretty confident about it. I just don’t want to be stuck here but also not kicked out of country

You said you have a new work permit from a new job. Right?

no sorry sorry misspoke my current job gave me a notice from the ministry of labor about about employing me

So you don’t have a new job lined up.

No I want to get the 6 month extension and look for a better job

Head to the immigration centre and ask about your situation for the best answer.

After they give you an answer, you can either A) Try to get fired without doing illegal things and just… being annoying like doing what you want on your own unpaid time.
or
B) After talking to the labour board, bring your contract with you and see what advice they have and possibly quit with notice.

Talk to immigration centre and labour board for best answers.

thanks hopefully it will work out

Isn’t this more a job for the LSA? Talk to the labor bureau about the illegal things. But make sure you have evidence or else there’s not much you can do

if I get fired what will happen to my ARC? will I able to stay in Taiwan?