Cancer

Does anyone know of any cancer victims’ support groups or government benefits available to Taiwanese citizens who are suffering from cancer and don’t have insurance? Would really appreciate any information or suggestions at all.

Hi,

I don’t have any firsthand knowledge about cancer support groups, but I found a couple of Chinese-language pages and/or sites which seem to mention such groups (but which I can’t vouch for, because, again, I don’t have any direct knowledge about cancer support groups):

This appears to be a support group section on a site called the Cancer Resource Map:

crm.org.tw/MenuList.aspx?MID=35

This appears to be a support group page on the website of the Formosa Cancer Foundation:

canceraway.org.tw/pagelist.asp?keyid=102

I want to emphasize that I have no direct knowledge of–and cannot vouch for–the sites and/or organizations linked directly above.

I don’t know anything at all about government benefits for Taiwanese citizens who have cancer and don’t have health insurance. I don’t know Chinese, but I used Google Translate to try to get some likely search terms about that issue, and then I did some searching, but I didn’t find anything, or if I did, I didn’t recognize it. But just because I didn’t find or recognize any helpful information, that doesn’t necessarily mean that the information is not there.

I’m sorry I couldn’t give you better help, and I hope someone comes along who can.

Take care,
Charlie Jack

Edited to add:

There’s a Chinese-language PDF document that seems to mention some sort of provision or provisions for people who are having economic difficulties, but again, I don’t know Chinese, so I can’t make the language out properly. Additionally, that document is dated July 10, 2003, and there may have been changes since then. The document is located here:

nhi.gov.tw/Resource/bulletin/379_a30.pdf

If you want see if you can get a little help from Google Translate with the above PDF document, then you can paste this into Google, and search with it, and then click the link that says, “Translate this page”:

site:nhi.gov.tw/Resource/bulletin/379_a30.pdf

Again, I’m sorry I couldn’t give you better help, and I hope someone else can.