Can't access link

I got it to work with a VPN, had to directly copy the first URL and paste it into browser

Copy and pasted this

1 Like

I can’t.

I even just tried typing in www.usmcu.edu and it gives me the same error.

Googled the site, clicked on the link, and same error.

There is a filter somewhere blocking me.

Could it be a DNS issue?

I don’t know. If someone knows the ip address I can try it

Try 184.185.138.115

Doesn’t work.

There is probably a filter. Either by the ISP or by that site.

That IP doesn’t work for me, the pdf link does though

There is probably a filter. Either by the ISP or by that site.

images (9)

3 Likes

I got it to work. I had to use a free proxy.

There is a block somewhere. I do not know if it’s from my ISP (CHT has a filtering service to keep you out of naughty sites, but I do not have it enabled) or from a node. But something is definitely blocking it. I highly doubt CHT would block it.

I wonder though if anyone happens to be using WeChat. I have Taobao’s App on, I wonder if it’s doing something funny there?

Just google “free proxy” and click on the first result. Select “US server” on the drop down list.

Back on relevant topic… in the Taiwanese military, you know every company has a “counselor”. Usually a first lieutenant. Anyways in the ROC military counselors belong to the Political Warfare corp. Makes you wonder the same person consoling you for losing your girlfriend while you’re serving in the army is the same guy making propaganda.

1 Like

I just checked that site… some countries are not able to reach it (I found a tool that pings a site from different locations around the world to see if there is a block).

Maybe there’s a problem with some backbone somewhere.

1 Like

same here: no server access. and it’s not like i live in a place that the USMC deems hostile: it is their largest overseas base, after all.

i can actually access their library at https://usmc.primo.exlibrisgroup.com/. but that book is not held there.

why don’t you PM us a copy?

Strange. Which country are you in? I just set my VPN to use a Tokyo server and got in just fine.

thank you!

1 Like

The link no longer works, can’t access it.

Which one? Both the web archive and original link still work for me. Very strange that some folks are having access problems.

Probably region blocked, who knows.

The site is blocked for me as well using CHT… turned on manual DNS at my router to an unlocator service I use and it works. I think it defaults to Google DNS.

Wayback link works for both, so thanks for that.