Can't believe my ears: no more drill noise on weekends

I am almost sure this is already forbidden, but anyway, I was pleased to see this (while checking on what my neighbors can do to me because of doggie noise):

[quote]New rules to control noise nuisance in living and working neighborhoods will be en
force by the end of this year
, officials of the Environmental Protection Administration (EPA) said yesterday.
The planned regulations will reportedly prohibit building renovations and interior decorations at noon and from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m. the next morning in residential areas.
[color=#BF0000]On weekends and national holidays, renovation work will be strictly prohibited, they said[/color].

Also, EPA plans to ban singing karaoke at home during lunchtime and from 10:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m. the following morning, except at those karaoke places categorized as commercial operations with business licenses, officials said.
[/quote]

http://www.chinapost.com.tw/taiwan/national/national%20news/2008/09/04/173100/EPA-soon.htm

Die, karaoke, die!

[quote]The planned regulations will reportedly prohibit building renovations and interior decorations at noon and from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m. the next morning in residential areas.
On weekends and national holidays, renovation work will be strictly prohibited, they said.[/quote]

They’ll keep on drilling during weekday nights …

! just got done drilling the crap out of my new apartment with a hammer drill for past 7 hours.

AHHHHH! Sweet revenge! :imp: :imp:

I was also listing to the great Psychedelic band “Suck” on full volume continuous play while happily hammering away on my virgin walls. Ha Ha ha!

Anybody need a place to host a 6 day funeral? Mi casa es su casa!

Funeral… isn’t that a bit on the sad side? Can’t we come over for an all night party instead that ends around 6am? :smiley:

HE meant the funeral for the lunchtime karaoke I think.

And the mourners (wailing and Buddist bells included)…

And the firecrackers at 3am…

And the exotic dancers at the end…

Why, lunchtime karaoke is only two hours. Keep that for 3 months, now you’re talking.

I was woken up this morning by what sounded like someone playing a vigorous game of basketball upstairs from me (a mysterious sound I often hear from that apartment…I don’t know why).

This was followed by the sound of jackhammers coming from the same apartment, followed again by the sound of sledgehammers busting things up!

It seems like when one neighbor has finished remodeling, another starts! :fume:

[quote=“Chris”]I was woken up this morning by what sounded like someone playing a vigorous game of basketball upstairs from me (a mysterious sound I often hear from that apartment…I don’t know why).

This was followed by the sound of jackhammers coming from the same apartment, followed again by the sound of sledgehammers busting things up!

It seems like when one neighbor has finished remodeling, another starts! :fume:[/quote]

The annoying thing is that often those guys who like to remodel a place shortly after they bought it usually sell it after a year or so to someone who also feels the needs to remodel the place, who then sells the place again… These kind of restless hyperactive people are all over the place. :loco:

I hate the school assemblies in the mornings. I normally get up at 7:30am, so I don’t know what was happening at this one school for a few weeks so early. Anyway, I would always get woken up around 7:00am by this really large megaphone. I could never work out where it was coming from. I figured it was in a nearby park. Then, one day, the noise just kept on and on. I was on my way to school and the noise was getting louder. I went past a school a good kilometre or more from my house and caught the offending principal in the act! I can only imagine what living much closer must be like.

I also hate those damned trucks with the megaphones yammering away special sales pitches or whatever they’re doing.

Does no one understand about noise pollution? While we’re on the topic of sense, how about sight pollution and the majority of really ugly buildings here?