Can't make this stuff up

LOL.

I’ve just been reading a book called ‘Trigger Warning’, in which the author points out that those on the cutting edge of SJW social repression often find themselves hoist by their own petard when the winds of change blow in a direction that leaves them looking insufficiently right-on.

He also remarks on the increasing occurence of public lynchings on the basis of private conversations (as opposed to professional situations in which there’s a clear breach of etiquette witnessed by colleagues). In this case, it appears she was having a rant in private, perhaps after being genuinely upset by some nasty incident, and was ratted out by someone within earshot.

Yes, it will all self destruct eventually. But in the meantime it creates havoc.

Do nothing to delay the end. This stuff should die sooner rather than later.

Doesn’t Chad Griffin “compound the harms done” by bringing up the incident? Surely that could lead to re-triggering.

Imagine working with people who would report you for this. The level of paranoia must be off the chart in that very expensive looking HQ.

Watch your back, Chad, you’ll be next.

1 Like

It’s like “those who live by the sword will die by the sword”, except with safe spaces.

Swords are a bit phallocentric. Watch yourself!

It’s OK. I’ve resigned myself to the fact that come the revolution, I’ll be first against the wall.

1 Like

The triggering isn’t the harm. The idiots who get triggered deserve what they get.

The censorship and the disruption of plain communication - there’s the harm.

Trigger them until they all destroy each other. That’s how to end this. Divide and conquer. Light their petards for them.

Sun Tzu has good advice on what to do when your back is against the wall.

But it’s not a revolution. It’s a reaction. The revolution is elsewhere and they don’t like it one bit.

We are at peak SJW. They sense it, and are panicking. There’s an air of desperation to the oppressive tactics. Feed the panic. It will make them destroy each other.

They will turn violent before the very end. It’s happened before. “I tell ya, I seen this stuff in the sixties. You could go insane… or worse!” - Ren

I hope you realise I was joking.

The idiots who get triggered don’t get anything negative - that’s the problem. They either receive a neutral feeling of self-satisfaction, or they benefit. I suppose eventually they will all destroy each other, but they’re going to leave a lot of carnage in their wake.

He does indeed. His back is actually up against a wall in this one and he has great advice.

2 Likes

Not by destroying each other. All the damage they do is incidental to that - and will end as soon as they’ve destroyed each other.

In fact, they will do less harm to sane discourse if we keep them distracted with their stupid internal squabbles.

They do feel - not deeply, because they’re shallow people. But they feel intensely. Like decorticated cats.

1 Like

WTF.

You really couldn’t make that shit up. The NYP has finally out-Onioned the Onion.

3 Likes

1 Like

Is everyone OK with this?

https://twitter.com/Amy_Siskind/status/1037055835728478213

Wil Wheaton accidentally censors designated victim groups. Hoist on his own Picard.

1 Like