Can't-miss fish slab cuit au four ala toaster oven

So far, my luck as a cook has been holding up. I get such a kick out of this simple fish recipe (it’s worked every time - but I’m easy to feed)

1. A slab of fish, about the size of your hand, an inch thick - cod or salmon work (easy to find in Wellcome)
  2. Teriyaki sauce - not easy to find in this country - found it in Jason’s
  3. Toaster oven - set it for 270 degrees C

Rinse the slab with water, just enough to make your conscience believe its clean

Lay the slab down in a baking dish - I found a nice 3" tall oval dish in Ikea

Pour Teriyaki sauce all over the fish, flip it over and pour on the other side, too

That’s it - just pop that puppy into the toaster oven for 20 minutes.

It’s like magic after that

Actually, you don’t need a toaster oven – a dishwasher will do! :laughing:

[quote]Cooking Salmon in a Dishwasher

Needs:

salmon fillets
aluminum foil
a lemon
a few butter pats
electric dishwasher
Place the fish on two large sheets of aluminum foil. Squeeze on some lemon juice and place the pats of butter on the salmon fillets. Seal the fillets well in the foil, and place the foil packet in the top wire basket of your electric dishwasher. DO NOT ADD SOAP OR DETERGENT. Close the dishwasher door, set the dishwasher on the hottest wash cycle, complete with drying cycle, and let it run through a full cycle. When the cycle is complete the fish will be cooked just right. [/quote]
Source: http://www.thesalmons.org/lynn/dishwasher.html

You can do this on the sidewalk in the summer.
The bin lang stains add an interesting colour & flavour.

note the “Euro” spellings for added authenticity

If you don’t have a dishwasher, you can make the same recipe on your car’s manifold. I’ve done it and it really works.

Hey Goose Egg, is your title written in Klingon or something? Can’t you just call it fish teriyaki in a toaster oven or something? “Cuit au Four?” What the hell, ya must be thinking we’re all posh-like over here or sumpin’! :wink: